Commander
I don't know if this has been mentioned but here goes.
I already have the top diplomacy doff at rank 4,yet we can't transwarp to New Romulus or Deferi as yet. Does anyone know if these 2 destinations will be added at all????
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
11-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned but here goes.
I already have the top diplomacy doff at rank 4,yet we can't transwarp to New Romulus or Deferi as yet. Does anyone know if these 2 destinations will be added at all????
I don't believe there are plans to add it as a diplomacy reward. Today's patch adds in transwarping to the Tau Dewa Sector Block (through the Excelsior and Transwarp Coils from the dilithium store), and the Transwarp conduit that fleets can build around their starbase can take you to or near Defera -- you would need to be at the correct tier for the gate, Transwarp to your starbase, and then orbit your fleet's gate to get the option.

Cheers

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 3
11-30-2012, 08:21 AM
My vote is that Tau Dewa sector should be added to the diplomacy transwarp sectors.
Captain
# 4
11-30-2012, 08:40 AM
If they do add a TD transwarp to diplomacy...how about some duty officer assignments worth doing? Heck, how about a chance at a romulan/Reman boff or some a mission chain to get doffs and/or plasma weapons? In terms of 'doffing', TD is pretty sparse on unique assignments
Career Officer
# 5
11-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Since there is what appears to be a transwarp gate in the orbit around New Romulus, is there any confirmation that can be given that this will be functional at some point? I'm guessing as New Romulus grows?
Career Officer
# 6
11-30-2012, 08:50 AM
I agree with this.

Especially since there is a transwarp gate at New Romulus, you can see it when you warp into the system.

So why isn't it a reward for something?

OK, maybe too late for the Diplo commendation, but we got this new thing called the Romulan Reputation, why can it be a reward for one of the tiers. That would fit in line with the system, no?
Career Officer
# 7
11-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
My vote is that Tau Dewa sector should be added to the diplomacy transwarp sectors.
how about as a Tier 1 reward for the Romulan Reputation System?

you want me to keep going there right? Then make it EASY!

PS: did anybody ever buy those Dilithium Store Transwarps?

do i remember that right that it's a one time consumable item = 1 Transwarp total for 35000 Dilithium instead of a permanent addition to your Transwarp locations?

PPS: Transwarp in STO makes no technological sense at all.
Do we need these *Borg style Transwarpgates" for it or not?
Why can we transwarp from anywhere to ESD without a gate?
If we can do that then why do we need the Gates to begin with?

There is no LOGIC behind this stuff, not to mention that the Borg needed the power of a Star to keep their Transwarphub working... so where is the Federations Main Transwarp Hub?

And... also why, at a time of War do we grant the Klingons access to it (the Gate in Omega Leonis is clearly of federation design!).

Same nonsense as the Transporter Rooms in Star Trek,
they do not need to Beam a Person from one Pad to another Pad,
in fact they can transport anyone from anywhere to anywhere without using a Pad as sending or receiving platform at all.

So why do they exist... ?
Captain
# 8
11-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Lets look at this logically, branflakes (Brandon).

The Defari are in a mutual protection relationship with the Federation and KDF due to the Borg incursion. They have been for a number of years. Many of our mission chains are there and we have the under used Defari Invasion Zone as well. Is it not more reasonable that the home territory of the Defari would have a trans warp gate than Romulan space where that race base been shown as unstable and untrustworthy in the past? The new Romulan and Reman colonies should, logically, not have trans warp conduit connection until it has shown secure and stable enough for such trust.
Just say no to ARC
Commander
# 9
11-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Since New Romulus is all about diplomacy with the romulan people I'm shocked that diplomacy didn't get exclusive rights to this transwarp. Wait, not really because adding it to a ship/starbase/dilithium store = dollars.

I'm not even wasting another second in this thread.
Career Officer
# 10
11-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I don't believe there are plans to add it as a diplomacy reward. Today's patch adds in transwarping to the Tau Dewa Sector Block (through the Excelsior and Transwarp Coils from the dilithium store), and the Transwarp conduit that fleets can build around their starbase can take you to or near Defera -- you would need to be at the correct tier for the gate, Transwarp to your starbase, and then orbit your fleet's gate to get the option.

Cheers

Brandon =/\=
How about getting the Transwarp Conduit to include Tau Dewa since it already has the other 3 Romulan sector blocks?
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)