Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hope the title grabs some attention.

I reported this bug in-game along with a repro method on the first or second day of s7. This bug is of game-breaking magnitude and should've been fixed within a day. Because it hasn't, I'm publishing the repro method (I did not want to do this).

1: Set a default shuttle.
2: Go to a shipyard (tested at ESD).
3: Place a bridge officer in default shuttle.
4: Change your primary ship.
5: Place a bridge officer in default shuttle again.
6: Change your primary ship back to the original.
7: Beam out to space.

Now, you should have all eight of the powers of those two bridge officers you equipped to the default shuttle.

I did not test this extensively, but this method seemed to work consistently over 3-4 attempts.

Please fix this. I shouldn't be able to have effectively 2 universal commander slots on my ship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-20-2012, 04:54 AM
I had done something like this before a few times by accident but was unsure on the steps so could not bug report it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-20-2012, 11:02 AM
It's been noticed on Tribble a good month ago. They're working on it.

If you want them to see it more directly, record a video of the repro steps and the end effect. Then post it (shared only, so only those with the link can view it) and PM it to a QA dev or even BranFlakes (so he can send it to the proper guys).

Come to think of it I have some recording software to use for this purpose. Will see about doing that soon.

Last edited by ethoir; 11-20-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Commander
# 4
11-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
Better edit this one before you all get warnings for violating the forum rules like I did.

Oh and it's been live (resurrected) since season 7.
Yea your right. just grouchy that the issues wit the default shuttle were not vetted on tribble but simply. "it will be fixed for live"

Bug ticket #1,426,394

Has all my findings. Messed around with a it a bit to figure out how it behaved.

Last edited by hroothvitnir; 11-20-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
11-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Better edit this one before you all get warnings for violating the forum rules like I did.

Oh and it's been live (resurrected) since season 7.

Last edited by ocp001; 11-20-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
11-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
Yea your right. just grouchy that the issues wit the default shuttle were not vetted on tribble but simply. "it will be fixed for live"

Bug ticket #1,426,394

Has all my findings. Messed around with a it a bit to figure out how it behaved.
I am in total agreement with you, I just ASKED if it was being fixed. There is no mercy or balance anymore. I'm pretty pissed. I hope everyone starts using it. At least people won't complain about their favorite ships lacking x skill.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-21-2012, 11:58 PM
11/21 still not fixed.

I think the worst part is now I can't figure out how to make all the extra powers go away.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like following this procedure setting the boffs to None actually does remove the powers.

Last edited by heero139; 11-22-2012 at 12:03 AM.