Career Officer
# 31
11-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burt777 View Post
On of the best post i ever read for the last month.
Do you know where Dan Stahl was before returning to STO
Captain
# 32
11-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Personally, I'm not a fan of how it forces me into playing certain content to advance. Before S7 I would enjoy a round of STF's when I had friends on and we all wanted to play them. I could easily go a week or two without playing any STFs and just did them at my own leisurely pace. Now, I will have to hit up a STF or Romulan Mark mission because I don't currently have enough to start the personal rep progression. This means not playing with my friends and just having to pug it. It also means that I have to play one of these certain missions even if I wanted to do something else, like maybe pvp.

If I want to progress in the rep system it boils down to not being able to do what I want to do and not being able to play with friends, both of which I did on a constant basis before S7. It's really starting to wear thin and I'm thinking about either stopping playing this game altogether or stopping the rep progression, but the latter would leave me at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to pvp. Gah, it's just so annoying, and I prefer not to be annoyed during my leisure video game playing time!
Captain
# 33
11-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Personally, I'm not a fan of how it forces me into playing certain content to advance. Before S7 I would enjoy a round of STF's when I had friends on and we all wanted to play them. I could easily go a week or two without playing any STFs and just did them at my own leisurely pace. Now, I will have to hit up a STF or Romulan Mark mission because I don't currently have enough to start the personal rep progression. This means not playing with my friends and just having to pug it. It also means that I have to play one of these certain missions even if I wanted to do something else, like maybe pvp.

If I want to progress in the rep system it boils down to not being able to do what I want to do and not being able to play with friends, both of which I did on a constant basis before S7. It's really starting to wear thin and I'm thinking about either stopping playing this game altogether or stopping the rep progression, but the latter would leave me at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to pvp. Gah, it's just so annoying, and I prefer not to be annoyed during my leisure video game playing time!

Have you actually looked at the mark requirements for the rep missions? You can do one eSTF and have enough marks for the rest of the week, plus some. Same w/ the Romulan stuff and it's daily patrol mission.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Have you actually looked at the mark requirements for the rep missions? You can do one eSTF and have enough marks for the rest of the week, plus some. Same w/ the Romulan stuff and it's daily patrol mission.
Here are some suggestions I made in some other threads, sorry if this is a repeat for others......

-------------------------------------------
More suggestions:

* Combine everything to just Marks....get rid of the 3 different types of marks
* All missions should provide generic Marks and dil...simplify the currencies and rewards
* cut the price down on the equipment req's...right now, it is double taxation...
* Give some kind of teaser daily rewards for folks to login

The old system, I could buy Mk XI gear with EDC and I knew what to expect...this new system is just too expensive. I have to grind to have the right to buy, then dump/grind more stuff to purchase?

I want to do Trek stuff, .... not farm things like Cartman in his mom's basement playing WOW.

Thx
Locutus
Rihannsu
# 35
11-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Yeah, If I want to playa bunch of missions I can simply cycle through all of the PvE stuff. I mean seriously... there is no NEED to grind STFs for dil. You can do ANY PvE mission that pays out dil now... I really don't get why people liked that.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.28

General:[list][*]The Daily fleet action missions now grant 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.
  • These are the daily missions offered by Yanishev on the Fed side, and B'Mera on the KDF side.
I really believe that S7 will be "season finale"
Career Officer
# 37
11-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Cryptic really needs to find that middle ground.

Changing FA rewards from DL to FM? Tsk, they really should mix them to a dual reward like the Azure Nebula. Like Fleet Events rewarding in Fleet Marks and Dilithum, while Fleet Actions are more Dilithum than Fleet Marks. STFs reward in Omega, Fleet, and Dilithum.

That way they are combining rewards so people don't feel pressured to play single content and earn multiple projects at the same time, thus not suffering from grind exhaustion.