Empire Veteran
# 1 S7: What We Want
11-20-2012, 03:28 AM
There's been many discussions regarding S7 in the forums for the past week. There're people who're dissatisfied, there're some who likes S7, etc.

However, what's lacking is a unified voice on what concrete changes we want to get from the Cryptic. Many discussions are vague and some are not actionable because we don't know what we want (a lot of people keeps saying: S7 Sucks, FIX IT.... but how?)

This is my attempt to put everything into perspective and hopefully use this to get Dev's attention to make a unified playerbase response with actionable steps and a compromise both sides will be happy with.

Thus, I implore you to put on your thinking hat and use this thread as an avenue to share what changes you want to see.

My proposed format will be as follows:

1. S7 Reputation: I like _________________, What I don't like ________________ and the changes I propose is ______________________

2. New Romulus: I like _________________, What I don't like ________________ and the changes I propose is ______________________

3. STFs: I like _________________, What I don't like ________________ and the changes I propose is ______________________

4. Fleet Actions: I like _________________, What I don't like ________________ and the changes I propose is ______________________

5. Dilithium changes: I like _________________, What I don't like ________________ and the changes I propose is ______________________

6. Foundry: I like _________________, What I don't like ________________ and the changes I propose is ______________________

7. Others ______________: I like _________________, What I don't like ________________ and the changes I propose is ______________________

Keep it short, simple and to the point. Remember to leave your emotions behind and be as objective as possible. Also remember to keep it civil, no swearing and no insinuating remarks.

Also, use the format as above to keep discussions focused (minor renditions are allowed). Note, we don't want people to turn this thread into another love cryptic hate cryptic thread. I trust that STO players are mature enough to turn this into a worthwhile exercise.

Thx!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-20-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Remember to leave your emotions behind and be as objective as possible. Also remember to keep it civil, no swearing and no insinuating remarks...I trust that STO players are mature enough to turn this into a worthwhile exercise.
Yeah, the only time that'll happen is when we make first contact with the Vulcans.

But here goes anyway (RAINBOW TEXT LIKE MY SPACESHIP):

1. S7 Reputation: I like being guaranteed rewards for time spent instead of waiting on the dice roll, What I don't like is the length of projects and scarcity of project slots and the changes I propose is to either shorten project timers or increase the number of simultaneous project slots. Ideally both.

2. New Romulus: I like the beauty of the zone, the size of the zone, and the fact that I can bring along my bridge officers to parade around like pets What I don't like is that these Romulans are WAY too nice and the changes I propose is We must all be betrayed by the Romulans at some point.

3. STFs: I like having only to worry about getting one currency and gaining guaranteed rewards, What I don't like is losing the random loot bags and the changes I propose is bring back the random loot bags, if not necessarily the old STF reward structure.

4. Fleet Actions: I like that I actually have a reason to play them now, What I don't like is that it's hard to tell who is playing what scenario at any given time and the changes I propose is return active player counts to the PvE queues for more efficient grouping.

5. Dilithium changes: I like that I can get it from more places, What I don't like is that I need to spend more of it everywhereand the changes I propose is for Cryptic to give me (JUST ME, NOBODY ELSE) about 372 million dilithium ore. NOT Refined Dilithium. JUST the ore, to be refined at the usual limit of 8000 per day. That should make me rich while still keeping the economy balanced.

6. Foundry: I like that the awesome mission I'm working on might actually get played instead of "Random Person's ESD/DS9 Quickie Part 1/3", What I don't like that everything is kind of busted right now and the changes I propose is to make things not-busted as soon as possible. And for me to get a tip of 372 million dilithium, because my mission is awesome. You'll see.

7. Mounts: I like that STO does not rely on mounts or taxis to inflate zone travel times, What I don't like is that my Captain has to walk everywhere he is not transporting to and the changes I propose is give me an exclusive pony. One with the same model as the "River Pig" from New Romulus.

8. Roleplaying: I like that some players have complimented me for having a well-written character biography, What I don't like is that not enough zones allow players to read the biographies of my Bridge Officers, which means I am missing out on compliments I could be receiving and the changes I propose is to build more adventure zones that allow bridge officers. You can alter Bajor to fit it without much hassle. Make it happen!

Last edited by unangbangkay; 11-20-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Rihannsu
# 3
11-20-2012, 04:01 AM
1. S7 Reputation - I like the clear progression, and knowing what it will take to get the next thing. I don't like the dilithium being added to the store unlock projects. I don't mind the gear itself costing dilithium as that's at least better than random luck. so take out dilithium from ALL projects.

2. New Romulus - Looks greats, very big. I like that missions unlock as you go. I don't like that the initial missions are quite similar and mostly scan this or that. needs more variety and more traditional missions givers dotted around. for example the officer of the watch daily. each zone should have a couple of those type of missions.

3. STFs - less currencies are helpful, but there should still be that random loot drop, even if its rare. this will add the feeling of 'this could be my lucky day' to each playthrough.

4. Fleet Actions. i think they are fine as they are. but I want to see the DS9 one back, and the gekli one revamped.

5. Dilithium changes. mostly are fine. I like it being added to the fleet actions, and I don't mind the exploits going. would like to see starbase and embassy projects cost less. I think they are still overly high.

6. Foundry. love the foundry in general, but don't like the slow updates. I just want more maps, and assets as soon as possible. Also better ways to promote and highlight new missions and mission chains to players. there really needs to be a way to favourite an author.

7. Others - Need a big push on Feature Episodes and story missions in general. They have taken a back seat and quite frankly an entire year devoted to them would not go amiss right now.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-20-2012, 04:09 AM
1. S7 Reputation: I like no more randomness in drops, What I don't like projects take too long and dilithium costs are very expensive and the changes I propose is reduction of project time by 50% (40hr > 20hr) and reduction of dilithium costs by 30%.

2. New Romulus: I like great scenery, interesting missions, What I don't like map is too big to explore on foot and the changes I propose is a mount available for players to navigate.

3. STFs: I like new STFs, What I don't like Into the hive elite is too hard, Borg are generally harder and STF drops removed and the changes I propose is reinstate some gear loot drops for completing optionals and somewhat nerf the borg by 10-20% (dmg and hull points), make glowing tiles affect borg drones in into the hive.

4. Fleet Actions: I like dil rewards and purple drops, What I don't like is the current bugged out PVE queue, only dps based (healing/tanking didn't count) and the changes I propose is fix the PVE queue, make healing and tanking count too.

5. Dilithium changes: I like nothing, What I don't like high dilithium costs in fleet projects, reputation projects, high costs to buy STF gear and the changes I propose is reduction in the costs by 20%. Introduce more dilithium rewards obtainable from missions (make dilithium rewarded from completing more missions.

6. Foundry: I like the new foundry incentive rewards on spotlight missions, What I don't like nerfing of the console clickies and inability of the playerbase to vote for the missions to be spotlight missions and the changes I propose is allow the playerbase to vote on which spotlight mission goes live, because we want to play missions we like, don't feel like forced into playing specific missions >>> maybe use the diplomatic rank 4 reward for this purpose.

Last edited by avarseir; 11-20-2012 at 04:11 AM.