Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Venting about rewards
08-06-2013, 07:22 PM
You never addressed my real question why do You reward the free players the same as the paid ones that have driven this game to the point that it can be free. I do,
"not" really appreciate the miserly 500 omega points as month it should five hundred of each factions points, the fact that veterans have to earn 1000 omega points to get anything is ridicules after putting in three years it should be more like 250 for us and 10000 for the free players they did not pay to make it free, we did after putting close to four thousand or more of my hard earned dollars, into this game how do you think it makes all of us feel to see they can get what we played years to get practically for free just by collecting omega points, but wait not only that but after we collect them we still have to spend points and money for Zen to get boxes or dilithium in order to ever create them how in gods name is that fair the free and the fee players have to put out the same? Sorry guys but that's totally bogus! rethink everything and make it right!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain
# 2
08-06-2013, 07:35 PM

somebody's feeling entitled.....

Captain
# 3
08-06-2013, 07:49 PM
4 grand... maybe you should stop and think what you have done. Sure it's entertainment money but damn that's a lot of cash to spend on a single game.

A game that gives lifetime subs for 300 with a 500 zen stipend worth 5 dollars, all items available through in game means

If you really did spend 4k...I wish I could throw money like that around. And if I could it sure wouldn't be on a game...probably booze, maybe a vacation, flying lessons...damn, a lot of stuff
Captain
# 4
08-06-2013, 07:55 PM
huh? what is this guy talking about?
Career Officer
# 5
08-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post

somebody's feeling entitled.....

As for being one of the former"unwashed masses"that the OP is referring to, I want to thank the F2pers for playing the game.I know the majority do spend money as I have.I know some are seeking work in a strained economy, or are retired, and on a fixed income. That dosen't lessen their value as players.I have a LTS, and read the agreement, before purchase.My agreement has been honored by Cryptic.I want to again thank my family for my LTS.
The Photobomb of Khan.
Captain
# 6
08-06-2013, 07:59 PM
OP; if you really did spend four thousand dollars on this game, here's what you need to do to rectify the situation.

1: find a wall mirror
2: approach said mirror
3: view self in mirror
4: slap yourself in the face really really hard

problem solved.

Last edited by cgta1967; 08-06-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Captain
# 7
08-06-2013, 08:02 PM
It's funny that he thinks that just because he's been playing longer he should get everything cheaper.

I also find it funny how he blames people that weren't customers for the game being forced to switch to F2P, when it was in fact the subscribers that weren't spending enough money to keep the original subscription based business model profitable.

And what are faction based "Omega Points" he keeps referring to? The C-Store currency has never been faction restricted. They can be used to buy anything in the store. It's items like ships and races that are restricted by faction.

Oh and he claims he spent 4 grand? Unless he threw it all into keys for lock boxes I call shenanigans on that. Cryptic isn't responsible for his gambling addiction or his financial irresponsibility.

At best I rate this as a 2 on the troll post scale.
Career Officer
# 8
08-06-2013, 08:03 PM
The problem with your logic is that the Rep system came out after the game went F2P. Meaning everyone, Subers and Freepers have always had an equal chance of earning just as much Reputation rewards.

What your suggesting would turn this game into a Pay 2 Win game, which is not what Cryptic wants, they want everyone to have an equal opportunity to gain rewards no matter how much they spend.
Captain
# 9
08-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
OP; if you really did spend four thousand dollars on this game, here's what you need to do to rectify the situation.

1: find a wall mirror
2: approach said mirror
3: view self in mirror
4: slap yourself in the face really really hard

problem solved.
You forgot he should be holding a brick in each hand when he hits himself in the head, ala Monty Python.
Captain
# 10
08-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilion View Post
The problem with your logic is that the Rep system came out after the game went F2P. Meaning everyone, Subers and Freepers have always had an equal chance of earning just as much Reputation rewards.

What your suggesting would turn this game into a Pay 2 Win game, which is not what Cryptic wants, they want everyone to have an equal opportunity to gain rewards no matter how much they spend.
Oh is that what "Omega Points" are? Thanks, for clearing that up. It also goes to disprove the OP's claims that he's been playing for three years and it makes it that much more likely that if he actually dumped 4 grand on the game it was thrown away on lockboxes.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm about the OP spending all his money on lockboxes because his minimal post history are all about lockboxes.

Oh and weren't lockboxes only added a month prior to the game switching to F2P as part of the Christmas Event?

Last edited by sopwithsnipe; 08-06-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Closed Thread