Commander
# 1 Solution to Dilithium Problem.
11-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Short and sweet really.

The current dilithium mining allowance is lousy and far too small.
Allow us unlimited dilithium mining.
Lieutenant
# 2
11-19-2012, 08:36 PM
How does this solve the dilithium problem? It shouldn't have to take an enormous amount of time or effort to get an adequate amount of dilithium.
Captain
# 3
11-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Crytic has already provided players with a solution to the dilthium shortage problem - buy Zen with you credit card and convert to dilthium

Cryptic has solved the problem!
Ensign
# 4
11-19-2012, 09:13 PM
I would settle for lower reward if I could do the mining mission constantly, it is still better to do an STF but you don't have to rely on other people.
Career Officer
# 5
11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
The other way to earn dilithium is complete the daily missions in Defera space and answer the Midterm thingy correctly.

If you want a little more, just do STFs.

After that, call it a day.

Repeat the proccess the next day.

Not a great solution but I think its the only one Cryptic has open to us. Without having to spend on ZEN by the way.
Lieutenant
# 6
11-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neohunter200 View Post
The other way to earn dilithium is complete the daily missions in Defera space and answer the Midterm thingy correctly.

If you want a little more, just do STFs.

After that, call it a day.

Repeat the proccess the next day.

Not a great solution but I think its the only one Cryptic has open to us. Without having to spend on ZEN by the way.
Unfortunately, doing those things for Dilithium got old and boring a long, long time ago. I'm still really pissed off that Fleet Actions were nerfed so badly. It was the only thing I could do a few times a day and not feel like gouging my eyes out by the end of it.

The only consistent way to get worthwhile amounts of Dilithium is to spam Empire Defense missions on a KDF character, and those have been around forever, so they're even more monotonous and boring.

What exactly is supposed to be fun at end game right now?
__________________________________________________ ___
Original Username - njdss4 - Original Join Date - July 28, 2008 (Official Forum Launch Date)
Career Officer
# 7
11-19-2012, 09:43 PM
There is only two possible ways I could figure they could fix the Dilithium situation:

1) Open up the option that all activities (STFS, FAs, etc), all have the same rewards to promote players having a choice. So they could do STFS one day and decide to do a Fleet Action to keep things from getting stale in doing the same content repetitively.

2) Everything rewards in Dilithium. Lets say all missions (including DOFF) have a base of 50 per mission, with STFs having a lump some of 800 to 1000. So you don't have to do the same thing over and over, but can do anything and earn Dilithium.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
better yet...go roll some klinks to lvl 50 and bam.....8k cap in about an hour of blowing stuff up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 9
11-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Better yet, subscribers get 1000 Dilithium per day, gratis.
Career Officer
# 10
11-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
There is only two possible ways I could figure they could fix the Dilithium situation:

1) Open up the option that all activities (STFS, FAs, etc), all have the same rewards to promote players having a choice. So they could do STFS one day and decide to do a Fleet Action to keep things from getting stale in doing the same content repetitively.

2) Everything rewards in Dilithium. Lets say all missions (including DOFF) have a base of 50 per mission, with STFs having a lump some of 800 to 1000. So you don't have to do the same thing over and over, but can do anything and earn Dilithium.
I agree that end game missions do tend to be monotonous and boring after a while.

I like your idea that every thing rewards in dilithium and in greater amounts. I am not sure how this will affect the in-game economy with regards to dilithium though. I never trade anything in the Exchange with dilithium.