Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 31
11-20-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't understand why everything we accomplish in the game, can't give us some Dilithium...

Even if it was only 25 - 100 at a shot, at least then it would feel like playing the game is worth it.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-20-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Commander
# 32
11-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post
I think Cryptic is in panic mode right now.

And they are making one mistake after another while trying to understand what went wrong with their great Season 7 plan.

I think they were expecting too much from players. They really thought players would happily embrace the grind , buy Zen and the new Vesta, and keep going their merry way like if nothing had ever changed.

They were so wrong. Bad comments are flowing in-game, players with lot of alts are infuriated, STF players are infuriated, players who Doff alot are infuriated... Heck even on New Romulus some players are infuriated and unsatisfied...

Unsatisfaction is rampant about just everything in game. I find it kinda hilarious even thought i should be crying instead. It is just so ridiculous that i prefer to laugh about it.

I am just happy i got my gear before season 7. I can't say i want to play Season 7 thought... There are no incentive, no carrots, no loot to get... Only grind and unlocks that are spoonfed to us...

Sorry Cryptic. Can't say you are going in the right direction. Keep trying i guess. I'll keep my money meanwhile and you keep your Vesta. I am certainly not buying a new ship when you removed any reason and fun to do STFs lol.
I find it difficult to think anyone, let alone a whole group of people, could be so deluded as to think that the whole of S7 was a good idea. Sure, much of it worked out pretty well, like the actual new content such as in Tau Dewa, but this obsessive nickel-and-diming was inevitably going to lead to severe loss of goodwill. I can only hope that the Cryptic staff was fighting against all this tooth and nail while it was in fact PWE that was forcing all this on them and us.
Career Officer
# 33
11-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Yo people... where do I pick up this daily? I can't find it or do you not even know and just complaining for the sake of it?

^^^ Second time asking... Every one has plenty of time to trash talk no time to help.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Lieutenant
# 34
11-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post
I think Cryptic is in panic mode right now.
I doubt they are. The nerfs are still coming. Like they want the game to go ghosttown.
Career Officer
# 35
11-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
A better deal than a 30-second clickie that awarded 1440 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks?
That was not a deal, that was an exploit.

Let's be fair, we do need more and varied ways to get dilithium, but that quick return was clearly an exploit that took away from the motivation to get people to play through the hard-worked-upon UGC content out there.

What's the reward in playing through real story missions if you get the same reward in 5 minutes? Foundry authors deserve in-game rewards to pay off their hard work too.
Captain
# 36
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Yo people... where do I pick up this daily? I can't find it or do you not even know and just complaining for the sake of it?

^^^ Second time asking... Every one has plenty of time to trash talk no time to help.
You pick up the dalies in the Avail missions tab - same place you would look up the Officer daily report - I thnk
Career Officer
# 37
11-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post

Press the Starfleet chevron by the minimap and look for Admiral Gregori Yanishev (sp?) in the avaialble tab. The current daily for me is The Big Dig (Daily), again, which will give 1440 Dilithium on top of the 480 you'll get from the fleet action itself.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...0-23-43-37.jpg

The daily is here, selected in the journal.

EDIT: This does assume you can actually get into, and stay in, a Fleet Action to complete it. Six attempts at entering the Big Dig have resulted in six messages telling me I'll be leaving in the next 10 seconds so it's not like removing this particular daily will make much difference to how much Dilithium I actually receive anyway.
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.

Last edited by mwgacy1; 11-20-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Career Officer
# 38
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Oh, I though it was something like "Play 3 FA's, get 1440 DL" I dont even play those FA's, I just pwn SB24 over and over for the two purps. So eh who cares, was never a fan of those and I could use the Marks over the DL anyway. I've been swimming in it after countless SB24's between STFs now.

Thanks for explaining it though.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-20-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Captain
# 39
11-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
when did they do this? i just hit 50 on my klink and im seeing 1440 for alpha, beta AND the path of the warrior.
I don't think those are nerfed yet! - I still think you can get over 4000 dilthium from running those overlapping KDF missions - they probaby will leave it as is - plus the other 3 you can run at the same time in Ker'rat - not a lot of players on the KDF side they don't want to make it worse - I think
Captain
# 40 another dilithium nerf :(
11-20-2012, 07:13 PM
The daily fleet action missions now grant 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.
These are the daily missions offered by Yanishev on the Fed side, and B'Mera on the KDF side.

are you kidding me.. its like they are looking for ways you can make dilithium and then purposely taking them out..

what next??

who needs 50 fleet marks.. we want DILITHIUM..

its a daily mission. you can only do once per day anyway..
if anything these need to be 50 fleet marks AND dilithium..

are you guys hurting that bad for zen sales?