Career Officer
# 1 Increase Fleet Mark Rewards
11-17-2012, 05:30 PM
The rewards given for Fleet Mark missions need to be increased. For the amounts needed to advance from Tier 3 to Tier 4, the amounts awarded are just to few. I can bring in about ~150 during the bonus hour with the fleet mark booster. So for a full group of 5, that's 750 for an hours work. But each project requires 900. And we need 50k xp per area.

For my small fleet, we need to run Fleet marks for both hours of the bonus time, every day, for 50 straight days, to get one category to Tier 4. If we take a day off because we, you know, actually want to do some of the other things in game like visit New Romulus, it will take longer.

The time isn't the problem so much as the quantity. If it took us 6 months to get to Tier 4 but we only had to do this once a week, we'd be okay with that. And then Tier 5, where we need 3x the XP? It's just to much. We don't mind some effort and we don't mind some time. But running these same missions OVER and OVER again is just killing our fun.
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Career Officer
# 2
11-17-2012, 06:07 PM
My own fleet mark contributions would be pathetically small without the CXP -> FM conversion. I have no interest in grinding for fleet marks, but the converter gives me a way of obtaining some fleet marks doing stuff that I would do anyway, namely DOffing. For others, it can be a nice supplement to the standard ways of getting fleet marks.

Granted, it requires being Rank 4 in DOff categories, and it can take a long time to get there, so it's not a great option for everybody. Fortunately, my main character is Rank 4 in every category. A few of my other characters have reached Rank 4 in at least one category too.
Career Officer
# 3
11-18-2012, 06:00 PM
I do use this and it is nice. Unfortunately, it takes a few days to get 10k in several categories and then you only end up with 6-700 marks, not even enough for a single project. It is a nice supplement but not enough to take the place of grinding.
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I haven't paid much attention to the fleet system so forgive my question. How do you convert CXP to fleet marks?
Captain
# 5
11-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Funny, I sort of have the reversed problem. I can't unload fleet marks at all, those bars are always filled up instantly by the people who start the projects.

Even some of the leaders in my fleet can't get theirs unloaded. It would help me play more fleet missions if those marks weren't wasted to begin with - low reward or not.
Rihannsu
# 6
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taallyn View Post
I haven't paid much attention to the fleet system so forgive my question. How do you convert CXP to fleet marks?
After you beam on the Federation Starbase walk across the concourse to the OPS Center (where the OOW is) on the right side just inside ops there is a console next to the Doff vendor officer. That console is where you can convert your CXP (that is over 100,000) to 75+ FM per 10,000 CXP.

The better the Doff who files the report for you the better the can rewards, Dathon the Vorta is good for some of them. I've gotten 100 FM on some of those missions.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Rihannsu
# 7
11-19-2012, 01:08 AM
yeah, so a little recapitulation:

you either
- can be a Doff char and have 75 FM for a category a week,

- grind your way through the queues with most teams just failing around - getting 17 marks in 20 minutes, and on the KDF side the queues take LOOOONG time to start

- grind Nukara / Defera for hours and 3 Marks Rewards, so without the Boss you'll get some 40 marks pro hour

or you just forget about the fleet you invested so much into and change into another one.

because cryptic changes the rules of the fleet game with a patch, and does not give a *** about small fleets

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Ensign
# 8
11-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkean View Post
The rewards given for Fleet Mark missions need to be increased. For the amounts needed to advance from Tier 3 to Tier 4, the amounts awarded are just to few. I can bring in about ~150 during the bonus hour with the fleet mark booster. So for a full group of 5, that's 750 for an hours work. But each project requires 900. And we need 50k xp per area.

For my small fleet, we need to run Fleet marks for both hours of the bonus time, every day, for 50 straight days, to get one category to Tier 4. If we take a day off because we, you know, actually want to do some of the other things in game like visit New Romulus, it will take longer.

The time isn't the problem so much as the quantity. If it took us 6 months to get to Tier 4 but we only had to do this once a week, we'd be okay with that. And then Tier 5, where we need 3x the XP? It's just to much. We don't mind some effort and we don't mind some time. But running these same missions OVER and OVER again is just killing our fun.
Couldn't have said this better. (Except maybe: Time can be a problem when you have a full time job and a family!)

But the main problem is in fact: Having no fun in repeating the same things over and over again is the reason why the advancement of our little fleet stopped with S7 and is now nearly dead. It would be - at least - nice to have these 'Broken Console Missions' back again. They were fun and together with the foundry daily you could get 50 FMs.
Rihannsu
# 9
11-19-2012, 05:48 AM
/signed. Our fleet progression has ground to a staggering halt. everything filled except fleet marks.

At this rate, our fleet activity will continue to drop and drop.
Rihannsu
# 10
11-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Funny, I sort of have the reversed problem. I can't unload fleet marks at all, those bars are always filled up instantly by the people who start the projects.

Even some of the leaders in my fleet can't get theirs unloaded. It would help me play more fleet missions if those marks weren't wasted to begin with - low reward or not.
Pretty much this. Since the introduction of CXP -> Fleet Mark conversion I've got thousands of FMs on all of my chars and barely any occasion to contribute them. I haven't done a single fleet mission since this system was introduced - I'm mostly doffing and from time to time visit the starbase for the conversion.

And, I'll add, my fleet isn't big at all. A few active people with the majority of the rest being casual players.

Quite honestly, now I'd like some kind of CXP -> Romulan Mark conversion, or even FM -> RM, to make use of this FM excess...