Career Officer
Maybe someone can help me with this. As a lifetime sub I've supposedly been granted beta access to NW. And my e-mail keeps getting spammed about test events, so I presume it is true. However, I can't figure out how to actually download the client to play. When I go to the NW site and try to register it says to put in a beta code, and I don't know if I've received that.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm supposed to do?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I couldn't think of anywhere better to post.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
You are suppose to wait and see. It isn't in beta yet and won't be until well into next year
Rihannsu
# 3
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I haven't heard about it. and I have LTS too...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 4
11-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
You are suppose to wait and see. It isn't in beta yet and won't be until well into next year
My inbox keeps getting spammed with events, including one today from 4-9 PM PST. But I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to play.

Why would I get an e-mail saying "log in", if I can't actually log in?

Career Officer
# 5
11-20-2012, 05:28 PM
On the other hand, if I'm really not allowed to play, why am I continually getting e-mailed about it?

Career Officer
# 6
11-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Did you sign up for the NW mailing list?
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Commander
# 7
11-20-2012, 05:58 PM
To answer your question about how to redeem your NWT key (when you get it).

1. Go to "My Account" at the top of these forums.

2. Click "Redeem Key"

3. Enter your NWT key into the box provided. If it follows the pattern of PWE beta keys, it will always be three groups of four characters, separated by dashes.

4. Click "Redeem" It should read "Activated" for NWT. If not, submit a PWE website support ticket (PWE games have been persnickety about showing that a particular beta key has been accepted of late...).
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Career Officer
# 8
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
The thing is, I don't think I ever got a key. I'll try searching my e-mail again. For some reason I just started receiving these e-mails at some point, and I definitely didn't sign up for the NW newsletter. I didn't even think about the game at all until I just started getting e-mails talking about Test Weekends, etc.

The whole thing is kind of weird.

Republic Veteran
# 9
11-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
The thing is, I don't think I ever got a key. I'll try searching my e-mail again. For some reason I just started receiving these e-mails at some point, and I definitely didn't sign up for the NW newsletter. I didn't even think about the game at all until I just started getting e-mails talking about Test Weekends, etc.

The whole thing is kind of weird.
There's a good chance that the emails you're getting are simply spam, and not actually from Perfect World.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 10
11-20-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty sure they're legitimate, because they actually link to the NW site. I guess I'll contact customer support and see if they can sort the whole thing out.

I don't even really care that much about accessing NW, but I figured if I could, what the hell. But if I can't, I don't want to keep getting spammed about it.