Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Ship biography section
08-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi all, just had a thought whilst updating my Chief Engineers biography (he got married), a biography section for the ship would be a nice addition so you can fill out the backstory to your pride and joy, such as launch date, motto, previous captains etc. My info is on my captains bio and it obviously takes up some space.
Been on STO since Beta and a fully fledged veteran with the scars to prove it.
Community Moderator
# 2
08-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlebeck View Post
Hi all, just had a thought whilst updating my Chief Engineers biography (he got married), a biography section for the ship would be a nice addition so you can fill out the backstory to your pride and joy, such as launch date, motto, previous captains etc. My info is on my captains bio and it obviously takes up some space.
I like this idea it adds a little to our ships instead of them just being "a ship we just have"
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me on Twitter or G+
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-19-2013, 03:14 AM
Absolutely, up until the release of the Vesta Class, I was muddling through best I could with the Nova Class because I like it's looks, made some of the later missions quite hard but that ship and it's subsequent destruction is a part of my characters backstory. Anyway, just an idea which wouldn't take much implementing I would think.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
I like this idea it adds a little to our ships instead of them just being "a ship we just have"
i need more for my moth balled ships to do than just write there bio
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-19-2013, 03:26 AM
That didn't take long
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-19-2013, 03:30 AM
Quote:
That didn't take long
sorry , there is nothing wrong with your idea and some folks would find it fun
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-19-2013, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Hmm, if they somehow integrated a ship bio with the ship interiors, I could see some of that information going on the ship's dedication plaque.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-19-2013, 04:16 AM
would be nice to make a record of battle for my klingon toon
The distinctiveness of your ice-cream, will be added to our own. Resistance is brain freeze

Playing Since Jan 2011
Captain
# 9
08-19-2013, 05:46 AM
I support this suggestion.

Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
The saying "There are no women on the internet" is sexist nonsense. We do exist, and we also play MMOs. Do not misgender me; I am female.