Rihannsu
# 41
11-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
and no, adding a couple missions from 1-20 isn't even close to doing that.
Don't underestimate or throw aside what that could do.

Aside from lack of content, Klingon pop is also low because everyones first character, and thus usually their main character, is a Fed.
Empire Veteran
# 42
11-21-2012, 01:35 AM
KDF and PvP
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 43
11-21-2012, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
What Star Trek Online needs to most improve upon, and what are the biggest obstacles it needs to overcome in order to achieve those improvements?
Fixing Bugs & much, much less jumping to the next fancy project idea while turning severals blind eyes towards the problems of the last one.
Captain
# 44
11-21-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
That's a bit of a stretch...

The Dilithium is still there, it's just spread out over a multitude of more places...

It's more difficult to acquire quickly, but it's there if ya wanna do the work for it.

I played for about 2 hours total tonight on my main toon and got over 8500 from assorted FA's, Daily's, and DOff'ing..
(I don't care for the STF's and did them very infrequently pre-Season 7 so I don't miss the Dilithium there)

That's more than I've made at one time, in a long time.
My usual take is about 3600.

Granted some of the places I got Dilithium from this time, will be nerfed soon, but I'll just adapt...
Hopefully, They will insert it into other aspects of the game that I play more often.
Only news is the places it's being taken away and only STF's getting stuff back. So unless they have something up their sleeves yet to be revealed, not happening. You can try to defend Cryptic but I still say those are the things I say need to be changed. You know, what the thread asks for what we think need to be changed. So nothing has changed. Those 5 plus more are things I say need to be changed and no Cryptic Defender can change my mind.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Empire Veteran
# 45
11-21-2012, 05:47 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
What do you think Star Trek Online needs to most improve on?
Less Money Grab and more indepth story.

Make STO a game and story I enjoy discovering rather than a series of purchases I feel compelled to buy or makes me feel like I'm disadvantaged when I do not.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 46
11-21-2012, 05:52 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;6715261]
Quote:

Make STO a game and story I enjoy discovering rather than a series of purchases I feel compelled to buy or makes me feel like I'm disadvantaged when I do not.
exactly kinda how I feel at the moment, well said Roach.

I think the game really needs to focus on creating a deeper story, with the Feds and Klinks finally putting "our differences aside" to help the Rommies. I could see maybe Fed + KDF teaming to do the stories? that would be nice.

Exploration needs to be... exploration.

RachelJ88
Captain
# 47
11-21-2012, 05:54 AM
[quote=bitemepwe;6715261]
Quote:

I already said that and a Cryptic Defender is trying to convince me it's "time to accept it". Thus is why Cryptic is not getting another dime out of me. Stipend or I don't need it.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
# 48
11-21-2012, 06:00 AM
Balance

In relation to ships, abilities, rewards vs time, encounters, economy, and several others I forgot to mention.
Empire Veteran
# 49
11-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post

I already said that and a Cryptic Defender is trying to convince me it's "time to accept it". Thus is why Cryptic is not getting another dime out of me. Stipend or I don't need it.
It can never be repeated enough.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 11-21-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 50
11-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
I think the game really needs to focus on creating a deeper story, with the Feds and Klinks finally putting "our differences aside" to help the Rommies. I could see maybe Fed + KDF teaming to do the stories? that would be nice.

Exploration needs to be... exploration.

RachelJ88
Only if they do the story proper as one levels up through it in that you start as a Green, wet behind the ears Captain without knowledge of why we are at war and slowly discover as you rank up that a nefariuos plot is afoot that culminates at endgame with a "individual" choice to acknowledge the Iconian/Borg/Undine threat and put aside current hostlities to battle it.

The current state of story just forces the factions to be friends against the players will without explanation, decent design or even crappy story tie-ins that closes the circle of why, what, where and how come.

Its my second biggest gripe with STO that they force the story to sell stuff.
Closed Thread