Lt. Commander
# 51
11-21-2012, 07:39 AM
What I noticed immediately on release of season 7 is how complicated the entire reputation was (unnecessarily so,I might add ) :

- certain missions/events give certain reputation marks
- you then have to open another UI element to contribute these marks - and add other stuff - in order to fill the reputation for a faction
- you then have to wait x time for a project to complete and being able to start a new one
- you have to- again - use marks /other stuf for said faction to unlock items/abilities
- content opens up depending on your reputation
etc.

what makes more sense -at least to me - is to have certain zones,missions and events award x reputation per KILL for a faction ( far less complicated ) : no marks ,no nothing .Depending on what you kill and where you kill it , it can be romulan reputation or Omega . Bosses award more reputation .Completing quests , missions and events also grants you reputation instead of marks .When in a team each participant involved gets awarded the exact same amount of reputation.

No need to manually fill a gauge ,or wait a day for some "project " to complete , it's all automatic . Upon having a certain amount of reputation a tier unlocks ,opening a store for the faction and giving you the chance to buy stuff in that store .
Ensign
# 52 More health.
08-18-2013, 08:26 PM
You should be able to have more than about 500 health since certain npc's can go up to 4,000 hp in battles.
Captain
# 53
08-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Personally I don't think STO is doing enough to appeal to either traditional MMO gamers, or fans of Star Trek; rather, it's aiming mostly at casual gamers. Granted, casual gamers probably make up the largest portion of the market these days, but it seems like that misses the point of making a Star Trek MMO a little.

So, my feeling is that STO needs to give some attention to PvP, and exploration (well... I say some, I mean a whole lot of).

I don't know much about making games, but given how much else they've accomplished would making some extra PvP maps, and maybe a new game mode or two, really have been all that difficult? As for what could be done about exploration, well check the thread linked in my sig, the thoughts I gathered there a few months back haven't changed much.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters

Last edited by capnmanx; 08-18-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Captain
# 54
08-19-2013, 08:08 AM
If I had three things I think STO needs to dedicate some attention to I would say Science powers (boffs more importantly) and making them more effective, game difficulty (a few challenging missions for those who have top end gear and builds wouldn't hurt and might even help keep customers) and of course a little attention to pvp. Though if I had to pick one it would be the rebalancing of science powers to work properly in the current environment.

===post above is by adamkafei====

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 08-19-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Closed Thread