Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Wednesday, November 21st, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
20 hours for teir 1 projects is still far to long tbh , 10 hours is more like it tbh for teir 1
Career Officer
# 3
11-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
20 hours for teir 1 projects is still far to long tbh , 10 hours is more like it tbh for teir 1
Don't be Greedy...

Be thankful They even gave us this much. (for now)

It could have gone the other way.

Perhaps after They get Their "numbers data" on Monday, there will be reason for a bit more 'tweeking'.

I can't see very many folks coming back that have left recently, till word gets out that Cryptic is willing to 'adjust' to satisfy the player base. That could take a week or two.

(Though I would agree with that notion, if less hours were applied to the Consumable & Store projects.)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-20-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Captain
# 4
11-20-2012, 06:43 PM
how is it being geedy ? same amount of time for a teir 2 project compaired to a teir 1 , would not 10 or 12 hours be a better choice for teir 1 and 20-24 for teir 2 and so forth ? .

be greatful are you joking or taking the urine ? , they are giving us very little and tbh this is not asking for the earth

Last edited by usscapital; 11-20-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-20-2012, 06:49 PM
I posted this in the tribble section, but I got no response. So I'll repost it here.

I just transferred my toon to tribble. The patch cancelled all my running projects and reset me back to 0 rep with both groups. I should be at 11,200 rep with both factions. It did still give me my tier 1 passives though. I hope you don't push this live, as it is.

My brother plays the game and the same thing happened to him. You are gonna make a ton of people mad when this goes live.
If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly
Captain
# 6
11-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerdemon View Post
I posted this in the tribble section, but I got no response. So I'll repost it here.

I just transferred my toon to tribble. The patch cancelled all my running projects and reset me back to 0 rep with both groups. I should be at 11,200 rep with both factions. It did still give me my tier 1 passives though. I hope you don't push this live, as it is.

My brother plays the game and the same thing happened to him. You are gonna make a ton of people mad when this goes live.
when has this ever stopped cryptic ?
Career Officer
# 7
11-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerdemon View Post

It's probably the same type of purposeful glitch that doesn't let you transfer your Fleet over to Tribble.

They probably set it up that way to keep people from jumping to higher Tiers somehow.

It's likely that something like that wouldn't become apparent on Holodeck because we don't "transfer" our characters back, from Tribble.
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-20-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Captain
# 8
11-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Cryptic never learns... And our requests for a change in QA department goes unheard, seeing as they keep pushing these buggy patches to Holodeck.
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-20-2012, 07:00 PM
How long till we can receive word on a fix for Tachyon Harmonic? another week? a month? a ballpark estimate would be nice. Thnx.
Career Officer
# 10
11-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
how is it being geedy ? same amount of time for a teir 2 project compaired to a teir 1 , would not 10 or 12 hours be a better choice for teir 1 and 20-24 for teir 2 and so forth ? .

be grateful are you joking or taking the urine ? , they are giving us very little and tbh this is not asking for the earth
That's rather disgusting... even I wouldn't use a human waste metaphor like that one.
(and I've been known to step over the line on many an occasion)

I agree that it should have been set up in a more 'step-like' process...

But we got what we got...

Apparently the amount of whining and moaning here in the forums (and probably the large numbers of folks who just stopped playing the game over the last few days), was sufficient to get Them to reconsider...

If further actions taken by the player-base are not to Cryptic's liking, there will probably be further 'adjustments' made.

But I still believe that a bit of gratitude can't hurt.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-20-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Closed Thread