Lt. Commander
# 151
11-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post

[color="RoyalBlue"]Well, no offense, but I would really rather that you has considered a system that didn't HAVE cooldown timers. For example, early 500 romulan marks and your reputation tier goes up immediately with all the bonuses and rewards contingent. The cooldown timers feel artificial and restrictive. Also the item requirements range from nonsense to tedious. Why does Omega Force need a pocket full of major regenerators? Do they not have any gophers in the office, that they need to have a vice admiral do this? A colony needs shield generators, logical enough, but why am *I* the one doing this. I should give the order and authorize the dispersal of resources, and one of my crew should be manning a replicator and shoving the stuff in crates.)
Weather the items make sense aside, I like being able to pick and choose what projects I put my marks into, instead of some automatic thing.

---

Glad for all these changed. I'd also like to at least hear something about the dil increase for
doff upgrading being so high. Some I can see, but the amount is somewhat high I think. Mostly want to know if it is being looked at.

My bigger concern with the doff upgrading is, why do they have to be called under performing? Most did their jobs quite well! I hesitated to covert a few, because I liked them so much. I think I had a suggestion for a new name, but I managed to forget, and it's late.

This thread had no use of vitriolic pattern enhancers. I approve.
Starfleet Veteran
# 152
11-20-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the update sir, look forward to the changes.

Thanks 4 S7!

PS...Plz look at an issue in purchased/used fleet quartermaster powers as they get canceled out automatically upon switching back and forth to other ships.
Commander
# 153
11-20-2012, 11:52 PM
thanks for those (mostly non PWE related) changes happy holidays.
What ? Calaway.
Lieutenant
# 154 Well done!
11-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Bravo, Cryptic, Bravo! Your ability to absorb criticism and turn it into positive, meaningful changes will keep this game around for a long time provided you continue to do so. While I was a bit bummed about the initial changes in Season 7, your ability to change for the better has redeemed you in my eyes. Keep up the good work!
Career Officer
# 155
11-20-2012, 11:54 PM
Still no adjustment to the cost of the doff grinders? What does your data say about that?

I believe you said that cost increase was to bring the doff grinding prices in line with other means of obtaining doffs, but I don't think that flies, for two reasons:

1) The extreme randomness of the grinder. You must de-grind and re-grind many times to get the doff you want.

2) Other doff sources- Lt. Ferra, the Fleet base, C-Store doff packs- seem to be, frankly, overpriced. Although at least with Ferra you know exactly what you're buying.
Commander
# 156
11-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Cool! I like it, at a stroke you wiped away half of my unhappiness with were STO currently is. It also makesm e happy that last time I was feeling like this you listened and corrected what I was getting unhappy about. So keep it up.

Finally an Andorian ship! I think that last appeared, what, two years ago? I think I still have my Andorian somewhere round here. No longer are you kowtowing to those Evil Green blooded pointy ears!

Thanks

(In case your curious the only thing I'm less than chuffed about is those annoying three little letters that people keep mentioning... But we'll see what happens in the next little while. Thanks again.)
Ensign
# 157 Finally
11-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I would say I am in the 1% when all I read in that update was the release of an ANDORIAN FED SHIP!!, I have been waiting for my own Kumari for soo looong!
The original Thy'lek Shran - Original forum poster
Proud member of SSC Starfleet Strategic Command
"I prefer to be called a LTP 'Long Term Player' not a 'Lifetime Subscriber' that term no longer has any meaning"
U.S.S. Mugwomp and soon to be in the hotseat of my own ANDORIAN ship, DAN U THE MAN!
Career Officer
# 158
11-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysnowleopard View Post
Salt in the wound much Dan? I sold off all my EDCs, Borg Techs and Salvage before season 7, because I didn't want to be pressured into having to make it to T3 to use them, and now here we have it that it's open at our leisure. T_T Daaan!!! Daaan!!! Daaan!!! :p
I'm feeling worse than the hang over left after downing a bottle of a Romulan Ale.
Unless you are dead opposed to playing STFs, you definitely made the best move to sell off your EDC and salvage before Season 7. Getting the crate faster doesn't change the equation.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Starfleet Veteran
# 159
11-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Still no adjustment to the cost of the doff grinders? What does your data say about that?

I believe you said that cost increase was to bring the doff grinding prices in line with other means of obtaining doffs, but I don't think that flies, for two reasons:

1) The extreme randomness of the grinder. You must de-grind and re-grind many times to get the doff you want.

2) Other doff sources- Lt. Ferra, the Fleet base, C-Store doff packs- seem to be, frankly, overpriced. Although at least with Ferra you know exactly what you're buying.
+1 This does take a lot of our daily dilithium now for growing fleets..
Lieutenant
# 160
11-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Bad move in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind a reduced Dilithium reward from the Daily, but i'd also like to see Fleet Marks given as an OPTION when accepting the Daily reward. Instead of removing the Dilithium completely from the Daily, let us choose whether we want "50 Fleet Marks" OR "xxxx Dilithium". Obviously, the possibility that players would choose Dilithium (and get Dilithium for Fleet Action Completion) would exist. But it would also allow us as players to choose which reward we desire most at the time.
Agreed. Making Fleet Actions give Fleet Marks means there is now absolutely no reason for me to do them. Getting nerfed down to 480 was bad enough, but now there's zero rewards in my eyes. My fleet has so many people who have stockpiled Fleet Marks and fill up the projects so fast I never even get to look at them before they're "Filled". That means Fleet Marks have no value to my characters.

Please give us the option to get either 1440 Dilithium from Fleet Actions OR 50 Fleet Marks for the daily. Then I will have a reason to participate.
__________________________________________________ ___
Original Username - njdss4 - Original Join Date - July 28, 2008 (Official Forum Launch Date)
Closed Thread