Commander
# 231
11-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Time for a STO Season 7 Update

So there is plenty to look forward to in Season 7 and we thank you for continuing to share your feedback and comments with us. Thank you for the both the kudos and the criticism (although some of you need to learn some manners). We get better with every season and we have you to thank for that. We do listen, and while we don't always immediately react, we do deliberate and make changes based on ideas and feedback you submit. The QA team is still crunching through all of your bug reports and we expect to have major issues ironed out soon.

Daniel Stahl
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online

Yep, the tone is harsh in some subforums

It is good to see that the dev's don't do any changes just because some children are whining in the threads but are wainting until more data is gained.

Now I really want to know what S8 is bringing us :-P
Lt. Commander
# 232
11-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Are the following bugs fixed ( not in list,hence my question ) :

-Very first mission ( stranded in space ) : away team gets beamed aboard the Azura 160 meters away from your own location .Yep, still not fixed at season 7 ! And this is the first mission new players see !

- Occasionally being unable to populate ship stations .Only 100% certain way to fix is to switch ships at shipyard and switch back again .

- chat bugs , when changing characters fleetchat of another character ( usually the one you just logged out ) remains visible .Even if you switched from Fed to KDF ! Also very often fleetchat is N/A in pulldown menu - after changing zones and/or characters - even though you can read it and you could access it previously .Only solution is to logout completely and log back in .

just a few I thought of ...
Career Officer
# 233
11-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Latest change of removing the "Fleet Action Daily" Dilithium reward, is a big step BACKWARDS, much like the travesty that was the sudden removal of STF Dilithium.
Quite the contrary. It removes the interest in playing some of the fleet actions if your not in a fleet, or one that isn't doing fleet progression.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Rihannsu
# 234
11-21-2012, 08:54 AM
What a great list of changes! And it sounds like Crosby has all but confirmed the Yesterday's Enterprise tie-in, which will (I'm hoping!) make the people who want an Ambassador happy.

Y'all are great. I know I complain a lot, but really, I love this game. Thank you for building it.
Lieutenant
# 235
11-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Dear Daniel,

thank you for the good news - good jobs are much appreciated!
Survivor of Romulus
# 236
11-21-2012, 09:00 AM
This does a lot to restore my confidence in STO and I'm now considering a purchase from the C-Store. Thanks for not only listening, but also following through with changes, Dan.
Lt. Commander
# 237
11-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
I honestly can't believe it!

Cryptic devs listening to the playerbase and implimenting pretty much all of their constructive criticism? I am EXTREMELY impressed. Well done, this could be the start of something magical.
I still can't exactly bring myself to trust, but I want to thank our new Undine overlords for possibly kidnapping and replacing the dstahl I grew to mislike before the f2p transition. I still fondly remember my Sarcastic Venom Award, tho.

But as they say, time heals all wounds. Also zoning out on painkillers, a Steam sale, about 40 Reinforcement DOff Packs, a Jem'hadar fighter, the forfeiture of any standing to criticise the system, and being able to liberally use the word DOff and giggle.
Captain
# 238
11-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Unable/unwilling to comment beyond:
1. adding loot back into STF's = good
2. Unlocking conversion crates @t1 = good
3. removing tier restriction to dilith conversion = good
4. adding substantial FM reward to FA's = good

My interest in a serious play of the new content has increased ever so slightly.

...Now if we KDF could EVER get the Fleetship upgrade discount problem addressed we might have an interesting game again.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 239
11-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
There were several goals in Season 7 that were interelated.

These included:
  • Increase the Dilithium Earn Rate of the avg. Level 50 player
  • Close Dilithium Loopholes
  • Normalize Dilithium earn rates per hour across the various ways you can earn it
  • Increase participation in Fleet Actions

So while we've removed some of the ways you could earn Dilithium, we've added or are adding several more than will help us achieve the goals above.

While some of the goals were tackled immediately, it has taken several days of data mining to see where we could shift and still hit our goals while addressing player feedback.

Depending on your play style, you may very well have seen an immediate reduction in how you were earning Dilithium - however we are hopeful that with these changes, you will find the way that you will be able to continue to enjoy the game and earn more Dilithium while doing so. It isn't going to be perfect, but we will continue to adjust to help out the average player and the enthusiest hardcore player.
I am one of the people that has seen a reduction in my dilithium. I haven't logged on that much, but when I do, I am playing the way I used to: some Ground PvP, a few PvE queues, DOffing. I've added some stuff in Tau Dewa and New Romulus, but that's really it.

While I appreciate that Fleet Actions have become easier to play, since more people are playing them, I don't want to be forced to play them for my dilithium. I should be able to keep doing what I have been doing, and earn dilithium for my time in game like anyone else. If you want dilithium to be a time-based reward, why not reward everything that takes time with dilithium?

Alternatively, if you added Starbase 24's ground portion and the DS9 ground Fleet Action back into the game, I would play those all day long. I played SB24 ground all the time until it was removed for no reason.
Career Officer
# 240
11-21-2012, 09:10 AM
I see exactly nothing in the initial post to complain about.
Closed Thread