Empire Veteran
# 341
11-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
their goal is to drain as much dilithium from the market, as possible, so you would have to buy them with zen. the less dilithium in the market, and the more need for it, means the best to them. dilithium prices will be low, so your zen will buy less dilithum, you will have to pay more zen
It would be nice if it was that simple but I don't think it is. If what you are saying is true then you would expect to see the price on the exchange collapse but that hasn't happened. If you compare the prices just before the release of S7, just after the release and now; there was a 10% drop in the exchange rate just after the release, that drop is now down to 4%. Yes it's only been a couple of weeks but it doesn't seem like a huge change.

While Cryptic have added dilithium sinks in S7 some of them are only short term:
  • The Omega Crate : Reduced effective buying power of STF trade in's by 90%
  • Reputation System : Spare marks can be converted into Dilithium but while people are working up T5 that won't be happening. The real hard core gamers can get to T5 in 36 days, casual gamers 18 weeks. But after that waiting period, some Dilithium should be freed up.
  • New Gear : Has Dilithium costs that weren't there before so will take Dilithium out of circlulation. Difficult to gauge what the impact is going to be long term, crunching the numbers it will take about 60 runs on Elite to earn enough "stuff" to get a full Mk XII space set. Doubtful that new players will try and outfit every ship and Boff in Mk XII gear which existing players have done because it didn't really cost anything, more likely that people will limit themselves to 1 set of Mk XII space and ground gear.
  • Embassies : That's a big long term drain, no way to hide it.
  • Doff's : The frankly stupid increases seem to be a pure money grab but one that might backfire. Increasing the grinder costs is an obvious attempt to push people into buying Doff packs, but if the grinder costs put people off from using this part of the game then the demand for the z-store packs will drop and ultimately Cryptic lose out.

Don't get me wrong I think the changes to Dilithium in the game have been badly implemented, badly communicated and will have unintended outcomes but I don't think that the person responsible for that will ever man up and admit it as they seem to come from the Seagull & Mushroom School of Management. Have to wait and see but the Dilithium exchange falling off a cliff doesn't seem likely, it might fall off a mole hill but that doesn't hurt as much.
Captain
# 342
11-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorga113 View Post
The new Romulan patrol & ground dailies have percentage completion counter, just do the same thing with the Foundry missions. A Foundry mission that takes 30 seconds to complete gets you 0.5% towards the daily total and if players want to get R.S.I. by doing 200 one-click missions a day well that's thier choice. But if they want to do one 45 minute mission to complete the daily then that should be fine too. You obviously already have some system in place to determine Foundry mission length, just translate that into a "Foundry Completion Percentage" and add that info to the Foundry mission descriptions, problem solved.
Failing that, why can't we have a timer? If it has to be 3 of "15 minutes or longer", it's 45 minutes.

You pick up the investigate officer reports mission, and the clock is on 00:00. Then, you pick your foundry mission. Clock is still on 00:00. As soon as you enter the foundry mission's map, until the point that specific foundry mission is complete, the clock is ticking. Mission not long enough? Grab another one, start playing it, and get the timer ticking again. As soon as the clock hits 45:00, the Investigate Officer Reports wrapper completes.

An obvious problem with this idea is foundry missions that take place on social maps (because there's no map transition to start the clock) probably wouldn't work. However, that is a sacrifice I'd be willing to make to add some much needed simplicity/clarity to the wrapper.
Lt. Commander
# 343
11-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Yeah, the loot has returned in the STF, as well the optional end boss loot. What, wait, where ???

OMG, did an STF, the loot that I got for my frustrations (opponent still nerfed up waaaay to much, way beyond normal, even in this fantasy scifi adventure) are : a frekking lock box which is useless to me coz I don't gamble, a dozen of batteries for which to me are still useless and only take up space and has no value at all.

Dear Mr. Stahl, are you really taking us for brainless morons, numbed by numerous hours of playing a frustrating game which should give us in fact some joy ??? Think twice. Stop lying to us, coz we are all able to prick through that bubble.
Commander
# 344
11-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Time for a STO Season 7 Update
-SNIP-

The Reputation System, including the STFs are getting some major changes over the next two weeks. Here is a rundown of what is going to happen over the next several Holodeck updates.

• Omega Conversion Crates can be opened immediately. You will no longer need to achieve T3 in Omega Fleet to open these.
  • Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers. If you have a project in progress, it will not change, but any new projects after the update will be adjusted. We are also looking into adding the ability to drop a project.
  • All XP Reputation Projects (projects that reward progress towards your next Tier) will now grant 240 Dilithium (on average) upon completion. If you complete 4 XP Rep Projects a day, you should earn about 960 Dilithium per day from it. These are in addition to the Marks to Dilithium conversion Projects. Once you've completed a Reputation System, these XP Projects will go away, but the Marks to Dilithium conversion projects will remain.
  • Reputation Projects that convert Marks to Dilithium are being moved from unlocking at T5 to being available immediately. This allows you to convert Omega Marks and Romulan Marks to Dilithium similar to how you could trade STF items for Dilithium previously.
  • Loot drops are getting added to STF mobs as well as to bosses.
  • End of STF Loot Rolls are returning. There will once again be a chance to earn special rewards at the end of STFs or Romulan Mark events. These special rewards will be Bonus marks, Borg Neural Processors, or other items needed for Reputation rewards.
  • Reputation Advancement Projects (the ones that unlock each tier) are having their timers reduced from 1 hour to 15 mins. and we are removing Dilithium inputs from these Tier Up projects.
  • The amount of commodities needed for Romulan Reputation projects is being reduced due to the lack of drops on New Romulus. We will be adding more drops to New Romulus in the future either through enemy kills or daily missions.
  • All Reputation Projects are being changed so that you need to claim the reward upon completion. This puts it in line with how Duty Officer assignments work so you can see the rewards you are getting from each project.

We expect all of the above changes to be live before December. A few will be live by tomorrow, with the rest live around Nov 29th.

-SNIP-
give them a little time. they announced all these changes a day before a long american holiday weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 345
11-22-2012, 06:49 PM
The most important thing? Hasnt been said.

I'm assumign that means there wont be one. And because of that, I dont believe i'll be returning. The changes are nice. But the tactics employed by the dev team and PWE staff in the deployment and testing of Season seven are downright despicable and disgusting.

Two words would have made this a LOT better for ME anyway.

I'm sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 346
11-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
give them a little time. they announced all these changes a day before a long american holiday weekend.
Why ? They had a storm aka hurricane like Sandy of protest before the launch of Season 7. A good understander needs only a half world. It would have saved them more work if they really would have listened to the base, before the launch. Yup, business wise still the best call, coz twice the job and keep on adding back the things you have broke cost a company double the cost. Now, it's only some little patches, to mask the screw up they have made. And do you really believe that they have done and will do those changes because they have listened to their community. Nah, if you wanna believe in Santa Claus, that's your issue, but it was more like this : Ouch, their manager and pwe is noticing a serious drop of subscribers, or a bunch of regulars that are suddenly stopping with transferring real money into Zens after the launch and this manager, for whom only the figures at the end of the month counts, has tapped their fingers. That's is the only word devs in the gaming industry are able to understand : MONEY and nothing else.
Commander
# 347
11-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkabledori View Post
Why ? They had a storm aka hurricane like Sandy of protest before the launch of Season 7. A good understander needs only a half world. It would have saved them more work if they really would have listened to the base, before the launch. Yup, business wise still the best call, coz twice the job and keep on adding back the things you have broke cost a company double the cost. Now, it's only some little patches, to mask the screw up they have made. And do you really believe that they have done and will do those changes because they have listened to their community. Nah, if you wanna believe in Santa Claus, that's your issue, but it was more like this : Ouch, their manager and pwe is noticing a serious drop of subscribers, or a bunch of regulars that are suddenly stopping with transferring real money into Zens after the launch and this manager, for whom only the figures at the end of the month counts, has tapped their fingers. That's is the only word devs in the gaming industry are able to understand : MONEY and nothing else.
they screwed up. that's a given. but it's not the first time they've screwed up, nor is it the last time they'll screw up. at least they're taking steps to remedy some of the issues this time.

if you don't like how something is being done or if you think something needs to be changed, creatively criticism them and offer suggestions. you never got your way crying, stamping around and calling people names as a child. what makes you think anything's changed between now and then? if anything, it gives them incentive to do the opposite.
Lt. Commander
# 348
11-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
they screwed up. that's a given. but it's not the first time they've screwed up, nor is it the last time they'll screw up. at least they're taking steps to remedy some of the issues this time.

if you don't like how something is being done or if you think something needs to be changed, creatively criticism them and offer suggestions. you never got your way crying, stamping around and calling people names as a child. what makes you think anything's changed between now and then? if anything, it gives them incentive to do the opposite.
I dont know about anyone else. But i just want an apology for the tactics and attitudes expressed. I dont want this game on easy mode. I DO want to not have to spend korean grind level hours to get anything done. And i want a Dev Team that's going to be honest with its players. This go around? They weren't. That trust is going to take a lot of work to repair. An apology is only a start. But we haven't even gotten that.
Commander
# 349
11-22-2012, 08:36 PM
i'm still waiting for my apologies. for the lack of pvp content and balance; the overall treatment of the KDF; the nerfing of science skills; the treatment of the real "veteran" players... i'm pretty sure there are more, these are just the few that popped to mind.

so take a number if you're waiting for an apology. for me, you can forgo the apology and show me some action. right the wrongs and we're straight.
Captain
# 350
11-22-2012, 08:46 PM
just got to teir 2 in the rom rep system this morning , started another project to start work on teir 3 and it said 20 hours to complete . just looked at the time left this evening and it now says it has 1 day 9 hours left , is this a new bug ?
Closed Thread