Lt. Commander
# 381
11-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Hey Everyone,

We have chosen to delay the release of this update by one day, so it will go live on the 30th instead of the 29th. Our software gurus have resolved an issue that will allow us to turn private queues back on and we want an extra day to make sure we can get it up and running properly for everyone this weekend.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Salami Inferno
Well this will be great for the weekend good work keep it up!

Captain
# 382
11-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

We have chosen to delay the release of this update by one day, so it will go live on the 30th instead of the 29th. Our software gurus have resolved an issue that will allow us to turn private queues back on and we want an extra day to make sure we can get it up and running properly for everyone this weekend.

Salami Inferno
If Private queues work and nothing big breaks again, sure, take a day more.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 383
11-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Salami Inferno
Much better to take an extra day to get it fixed, rather than rush it out and risk breaking the game. Take your time.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Rihannsu
# 384
11-28-2012, 06:04 PM
I dont play on the weekends, something about disconnected from the server xxx.xx seconds ....

Oh and I stop leveling reputation since the last patch "adjustments" just stopped at T2, I have no incentive to go back until late Monday.
Career Officer
# 385
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Salami Inferno
Curses!

Thanks for the update.
Captain
# 386
11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Oh and I stop leveling reputation since the last patch "adjustments" just stopped at T2, I have no incentive to go back until late Monday.
I just did something similar. I stopped leveling one of my character's reputation, for she has hit the start of tier three. Once I saw the 1 day and 16 hour timers, I suddenly lost all interest in continuing. My next character will stop leveling early tomorrow morning.

All these progressive timers and resource requirements have become a game stopper.

As of the beginning of this week, I went from playing four hours a day to about forty-five minutes a day. I feel myself screeching to a halt. I will most likely be down to 15 minutes tomorrow.

I am also seeing the resources requirements and timers for obtaining the reputation gear as another problem. In order to get the reputation gear (Omega, MACO, Borg, Romulan,etc...), you have to grind insane amounts of resources and wait another 1 day and 16 hours. Its not worth the effort.

I have given up on joining fleets, for they cause division, stress, and strife amongst gamers.

I have given up on working on fleetbases and the reputation system, for the timers and resource requirements are too much for the rewards.

I have started to shop around.

*shrugs*

I am starting to not care if Cryptic cares.

If they do not do anything significant to reduce the timers and resources (fleetbases, embassy, and reputation system), I will have to rethink about how I play this game. Do I continue? Do I stop? I don't know.

"Star Trek: Online" has become so boring that it sucks the life out of gamers.

Its sad.

Since the start of this whole mess, I have not been rewarded anything for my time or effort.

Its grind, wait, grind, wait, grind, wait, and now... who cares.

I am putting more time into gathering resources than I am into enjoying the rewards.

Last edited by linyive; 11-28-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Captain
# 387
11-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Salami Inferno
enough of the poor excuse's please
Captain
# 388
11-28-2012, 06:51 PM
what is that the update with he fleet ac and excelsior supposed to come out today now pushed back?
Career Officer
# 389
11-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Salami Inferno
One day for testing?! No wonder so many issues hit Holodeck!
Rihannsu
# 390
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
One day for testing?! No wonder so many issues hit Holodeck!
Oh thats nothing, they pretty much refused access to the higher tiers of the Reputation system so when people start hitting T3, 4 and 5 its going to be bug reports galore because NOBODY had access to those Tier during S7 testing run on Tribble since it was impossible to reach those tiers with the 40 hours timers.

The Tier 2 instance being bugged? We knew from Tribble Testing since I encountered that issue around the end of the testing run, it seems the T4 instance is bugged too:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=465741

Of course this was expected because NOBODY on Tribble testing then, I wonder what surprises wait for us down the line.

And the Vesta "private" testing seems to been pretty much nothing but a PR op because the hangar issue was only found on Holodeck and I suspect most changes were caused by us reading the proposed stats on the Blog and seeing were the issues of that ship were at (and mind you, this was well into the private "testing") and I am very much suspect the Aux DHC is not working as it should as a DHC, even if it clearly have a visual problem as its looking as its just a regular cannon.

It could be a week in Tribble and it would never be tested because Tribble is NOT a stress test server as it have NO population for it to happen and I dont think Cryptic QA have enough people to simulate the stress it will come in Holodeck.

Of course Private queues were removed because it was so efficient to private queue a FA and finish it in seconds by setting the lowest difficulty, repeat as there was no cooldown.
Closed Thread