Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
11-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Only char I would like to respec is my human engineer. Human->Alien
Career Officer
# 22
11-22-2012, 02:46 PM
It's not AS overwhelming as I'd thought but I was toying with the idea that everyone would probably go alien if alien had a few more costume options and that maybe what Cryptic should consider is to merge ALL species together into aliengen, offer preset costumes for each iconic species as a template to start from, and instead of selling species in the C-Store, sell species parts/trait bundles.

So having Caitians unlocked would just add Caitian parts and traits to your Fed Captain.

Maybe replace species with "Homeworld" in the description and give traits set bonuses which can give you a homeworld bonus. So, for example, any four Earth flagged traits give you an "Earth" homeworld trait set bonus. Any four Vulcan flagged traits give you a "Vulcan" trait set bonus.

So rather than have your species determine your traits, have your traits determine your homeworld.
Captain
# 23
11-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
It's not AS overwhelming as I'd thought but I was toying with the idea that everyone would probably go alien if alien had a few more costume options and that maybe what Cryptic should consider is to merge ALL species together into aliengen, offer preset costumes for each iconic species as a template to start from, and instead of selling species in the C-Store, sell species parts/trait bundles.

So having Caitians unlocked would just add Caitian parts and traits to your Fed Captain.

Maybe replace species with "Homeworld" in the description and give traits set bonuses which can give you a homeworld bonus. So, for example, any four Earth flagged traits give you an "Earth" homeworld trait set bonus. Any four Vulcan flagged traits give you a "Vulcan" trait set bonus.

So rather than have your species determine your traits, have your traits determine your homeworld.
Taking a page from the Spore book eh? That could work, but it would require redoing how the entire race system is done. As weird as it would feel in an MMO, I think if we would never be able to go back.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 24
11-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Taking a page from the Spore book eh? That could work, but it would require redoing how the entire race system is done. As weird as it would feel in an MMO, I think if we would never be able to go back.
Well, going "Full Vulcan" or "Full Human" on your traits is LIMITING. So it always struck me that opting into a limit should come with a reward.

Your costume would be pretty much full costume options, with some provisos. (Opting for a Caitian head would make your whole body furry. Getting Trill spots would make your whole body spotted.) But you could look Caitian and have Earth as your homeworld if you selected any four qualifying traits.

Basically tying traits to culture more than species.

Yeah. Very much the Spore route. And then collecting traits would have value as it could unlock new homeworld options.

Basically, all species would be a subset of alien rather than alien being a separate category.

Something like a Liberated Borg unlock would unlock Borg traits and costume parts for any alts, rather than being a defined species.

I don't think it would be trivial but I DO think a trait overhaul is worthy of being a major season feature.
Commander
# 25
11-22-2012, 03:10 PM
What if traits were not chosen but assigned due to decisions made in game? If in the first series of missions there were choices you have to make like, Turn the Enemy spy over to authorities or execute him. One choice would assign one trait and the other a totally different one.
Captain
# 26
11-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Not that it matters much now, but I usually go with Alien characters just so I could create a unique character.

Never paid that much attention to the traits because I was under the impression they didn't have much effect - I usually just base my choices on the wiki suggestions.
Lieutenant
# 27
11-22-2012, 07:27 PM
forget the respec....i want a species trait token
Captain
# 28
11-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Would like a respecies token but also a re-profession token as well as i dont wana level up another toon but reuse a old toon for a dkora but its the wrong profession eng when i want it to be tact and shes a alien and id want her to be a ferengi.
Empire Veteran
# 29
11-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Kling Borg Lib to Alien. I would also like a sex change token. I'm tired of looking at my ugly male characters.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
11-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I'd convert my main Human Tac to a Liberated Borg.

I have been playing my main since I joined May 2010. I purchased my lifetime about June because I knew I would be playing STO for a long time
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Closed Thread