Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Newest Starfleet Vessel
11-21-2012, 04:16 PM
yeah I know but I moved the fluff post to the proper forum thread

but the actual build of the ship follows feel free to offer constructive suggestions
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will

Last edited by andoriansrus; 11-22-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: needed to be done...
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I had hoped that the first post in this thread might generate some interest... but most people will not read a wall of text without there being a ship build attached to it so here is the Build for the U.S.S. Wasp

ok to start I am using the
Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer: Vesta Class
(cosmetics)
Aventine Saucer, Vesta Hull, Rademaker Nacelles, and Aventine Stanchions
Vesta Material, and Vesta Pattern on the ship

now to the ship build

Forward Weapons:
2x Fleet Advanced Phaser Dual Beam Bank Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc]
1x Fleet Advanced Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc]
Aft Weapons:
2x Fleet Advanced Phaser Beam Array Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc]
1x Fleet Advanced Tricoobal Mine Despenser Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [CrtH]

M.A.C.O. Graviton Deflector Array Mk XII
M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines Mk XII
M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array Mk XII

Devices: Auxilliary Batteries, Sub-Space Field Modulator, Scorpion Fighters

Engineering Consoles: Neutronium Alloy Mk XI, Ablative Hull Armor Mk XII

Science Consoles: Assimilated Console, Particle Field Generator Mk XII,Field Generator Mk XI, Emitter Array Mk XI, Graviton Pulse Generator

Tactical Consoles: Phaser Relay Mk XI, Isometric Charge, Quantum Field Focus Controller

Hangar: Scorpion Fighers

Bridge Officers:

CMDR Sci: Polarize Hull I, Hazard Emitters II, Transfer Shield Strength III, Gravity Well III
LCMDR UNI(Sci): Tractor Beam I, Science Team II, Energy Siphon II
LT. Tac: Torpedo Spread I, Dispersal Pattern Alpha I
LT. Eng: Emergency Power to Shields I, Reverse Shield Polarity I
ENS. UNI(Eng): Emergency Power to Shields I

Power Settings: Weapons 75, Shields 50, Engines 25, Auxilliary 50(these are the BASE settings they improve based on skills and gear and ship type)

Captain Skills:

Tac Systems: Starship Weapons Training 6, Starship Energy Weapons 2, Starship Projectile Weapons 7, Starship Maneuvers 6, Starship targeting Systems 6, Threat Control 3, Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization 6

Eng Systems: Starship Hull Repair 9, Structural Integrity 9, Warp Core Efficiency 9, Starship Electro-Plasma Systems 6, Starship Impilse Thrusters 6, Starship Warp Coil Efficiency 9, Starship Engine Performance 6, Starship Hull Plating 6, Starship Shield Performance 6, Starship Auxilliary Performance 6

Science & Operations Systems: Starship Flow Capacitors 6, Sharship Shield Emitters 9, Starship Power Insulators 6, Starship Shield Systems 9, Starship Graviton Generators 6, Starship Particle Generators 9, Starship Sensors 9

Science Officer Ground Skills: Medic 6, Weapons Proficiency 6, Physiology 6, Scientist 6, Probability Logistics 6, Particle Physics 6
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-22-2012, 09:57 AM
A "Light Carrier" ?

I thought we only had the Kitty, Vesta and Armitage?
Captain
# 4
11-22-2012, 01:57 PM
I too was intrigued when I saw the designatilon of Light Carrier, thinking it might be something akin to the Orion Flight-Deck Cruisers...

But then you had to put the USS Mary Sue in the second post, which immediately made me ZzzZzzZzzZzz.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-22-2012, 07:33 PM
might be a Mary sue ship in Your opinion but I think the ship does the same job just as well as a fleet deep space science build which is the build I used for the Vesta... trash it all you want but it is a fine ship... and the first post was just a bit of fluff

I call the ship a Light Carrier because for all intents and purposes thats what it is.... you wanna convience me its a Mary Sue ship start showing me numbers proving your point show me where it does a better job at something than some other ship can... if you can not do that kindly STFU and let others see the build for what it is and maybe get a little feed back on what the build is lacking or what could possibly improve the build or what ever, to just post that you were intrigued till you saw the U.S.S. Mary Sue and ZzzzZZzzZZZzzz'd

come down off of your cross build me a bridge outta the wood and get over it. Until you can post your rebuttal with numbers and statistics to back it up, you sir need to sit down and be quiet while the grown ups talk....
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw

Last edited by andoriansrus; 11-22-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Captain
# 6
11-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Okay, so we see your fluff, then we see your build. I don't really care whether people think the Vesta is a mary sue or not, but what is your point? What do you mean by generating interest? Do you want us to suggest amendments to your build, or what? Otherwise, if your main point is the fluff, this would have been better posted in Ten Forward.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
11-22-2012, 08:51 PM
you are right, so I moved the Fluff to the proper thread for such things and have left you with the build to look over and offer suggestions for improvement on it.....

I dont see how the ship is a Mary Sue ship since other ships can do the job of the vesta and do it much better (except for the hangar deck)
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Captain
# 8
11-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Okay, then, let's see. I will assume that you will be doing primarily PvE for this one, to avoid the need for role discussions.

Your weapon choices are not exactly the best. It would be best to use (for energy weapons) only beam arrays, or dual beams on the front with turrets in the back. To maximise damage, you want, all of your weapons slots firing, if possible. So, with beam arrays, broadside, but if you want to face your target, go with turrets and dual beam banks.

For projectiles, I recommend that you keep either the torpedo or the mine and remove the other in favour of another energy weapon. This is because using both will force you to have to continuously turn in order to get either one on target, which can be difficult in even a Vesta.

As for your consoles, one tactical damage-increasing console is most definitely not enough. Almost everyone capable will fill up those slots with energy type/projectile damage type consoles. That would make a lot of difference. If you want to keep Isometric Charge and Quantum Field Focus Controller, I recommend dropping the Graviton Pulse and the Emitter Array. The bonus given to healing by the Emitter Array is fairly insignificant, while Graviton Pulse takes too long to recharge to be of any use.

Now we move on to bridge officer abilities. I notice you are not mounting Tactical Team. This ability is a must-have for all builds, not due to increased damage, but the fact that it removes tactical debuffs and redistributes your shields very quickly. This prevents you from dying with just one shield facing down. Depending on whether you remove the mine or the torpedo, replace that ability with Tactical Team, and I'm sure you will see a boost in survivability.

Besides that, the power drain from Energy Siphon is a little too low to be meaningful. I would recommend placing an additional Grav Well in there so that you can chain them and keep them up, enhancing your crowd control in STFs.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
11-23-2012, 07:31 AM
the build, which works well in PVP with a proper team was concieved using beams if you look closely there are dual beam banks forward and beam arrays aft... in the team atmosphere in which it was built it does that role kind of nicely and while yes the return on energy siphon is not all that great it is enough to take ALL of my energy levels up above 120... which means that the Quantum Field Focus Controller gets the most benifit from it... I only run 1 phaser relay because when I PVP I pull that and the isometric charge to be replaced with a subspace jumper and move the assimilated console to my tac slots to make use for another field emitter or particle generator.... I have looked over your suggestions and while I will have to experiment with some I will prolly leave others alone as they are working as intended...
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Captain
# 10
11-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
the build, which works well in PVP with a proper team was concieved using beams if you look closely there are dual beam banks forward and beam arrays aft... in the team atmosphere in which it was built it does that role kind of nicely and while yes the return on energy siphon is not all that great it is enough to take ALL of my energy levels up above 120... which means that the Quantum Field Focus Controller gets the most benifit from it... I only run 1 phaser relay because when I PVP I pull that and the isometric charge to be replaced with a subspace jumper and move the assimilated console to my tac slots to make use for another field emitter or particle generator.... I have looked over your suggestions and while I will have to experiment with some I will prolly leave others alone as they are working as intended...
What I meant about the weapons is that, yeah you can use beams, but having duals on the front and singles on the back results in no overlap, reducing your overall dps over time. If you want beams, then I would recommend going with all singles. At least then, you can broadside and have all 4 firing simultaneously.

Energy Siphon.....I can't really see how it would shove all your power up above 120. Maybe Weapons and Aux, but certainly not engines.

To be quite frank with you, focusing on your Quantum Field Focus Controller as your sole weapon that deals any significant DPS would not be good, as it takes a while to charge. Phaser Relays benefit that console as well, just saying. In my experience with PvP thus far, having no tactical damage boosting consoles will render you toothless, reducing your utility to the team.

Since you say you want the build for PvP, you might get more responses if you requested some help from those in PvP Gameplay. I'msure they would be happy to help.

And finally, since you say you PvP, I look forward to seeing you and testing your build against mine, teamed or unteamed. As, to be frank, your build does leave much to be desired.