Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 11
11-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
How can the Devs answer Why you 'feel' the way you do?
That seems a matter for personal reflection.

The change you have a problem with is something that a large number of people asked for, among many other changes. Why would they be unhappy with the Dev Team actually doing what they asked for ?

I'm not trying to be part of the Cryptic Defense Force here, but I really don't understand the basis of your complaint.
*sets phaser to kill and aims at own head*

the question isn't " Why do I keep feeling like this " I know why I keep feeling like this, the question is why it even the case in the first pace that we should feel this way. It comes off like they go, oh, lets force them to only turn left, but those who are used to having the option of turning left or not want to go right, and out of sure habit turn right and hit the wall, and then after seeing how bad the go left only mandate has panned out they say, you can got right again, but it's to late, you've done crashed into the wall and done broke every bone in your body.

I'm being overly dramatic I know. I just feel they should of had the foresight to realize they where doing more harm then good :p We're three years on, seven seasons in and every season they do the most unpopular of the plans they could of first and then back paddle when they get called on it.

this is me just asking Why is it always seem to be the worst Choice A when Choice B or C where always the better choices, it's not like they had to blindly pick from three folders of what to do.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com

Last edited by allysnowleopard; 11-21-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: NOTE: not suicidal, just metaphorically self-destructive
Career Officer
# 12
11-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I get what He/She is saying... and have a bit of affinity in that regard...

It's just that at this point, there's going to be very little sympathy heading in that direction.

One may have to be satisfied with the fact that one can "gripe" and get it off ones chest...

That's pretty much the only thing that this will accomplish.
thanks for that, and not really trying to gripe, Some people are passionate about their religion, their politics or even their view of what Canon is. I've devoted a sizable amount of time effort and money into the game, as has many many others, I'm just stepping up and asking for an answer or two. as to why as someone who like many others devote the time effort and money into the game why we are repeatedly feeling like we're last on the guest list, make the customer happy and the customer will come back, customer service and customer assurance should be something that comes initially not in hindsight
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
startrek.44thfleet.com
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysnowleopard View Post
came out to something like 98k in Dt. and a bunch of varied energy space weapons. that
I didn't really need... just trying my best not to rage quite over all this, being disabled I don't get out much and this is honestly one of my few meaningful escapes.
As I said before, you made a good deal. if you hadn't traded it in, you'd probably have
3000 o-marks; 10 bnp; and 3000 dil in a box. This is nothing to rage about. Besides the progress in omega reputation is really easy as you get o-marks for a variety of activities (Defera, sector alerts, stfs) and in addition the project requirements are really low (in tier 1 &2). Today's patch lowers those requirement in ec value even further and the cooldown is halved.
Career Officer
# 14
11-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grievas View Post
As I said before, you made a good deal. if you hadn't traded it in, you'd probably have
3000 o-marks; 10 bnp; and 3000 dil in a box. This is nothing to rage about. Besides the progress in omega reputation is really easy as you get o-marks for a variety of activities (Defera, sector alerts, stfs) and in addition the project requirements are really low (in tier 1 &2). Today's patch lowers those requirement in ec value even further and the cooldown is halved.
that's put the rage ball in my gut a some ease. honestly if I had gotten that armor prototype tech before season seven hit, I would of been even more at ease. but four prototype in a matter of two days was shocking and welcomed enough. so guess I should count my lucky stars
startrek.44thfleet.com
Captain
# 15
11-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Heh, you complain about the forums.. being full of complainers?

Well, firstly, if you had been keeping yourself up to date you would have known that it was probably a good idea to keep your EDC's and salavage the rest - unless you were above a certain level.

In either case dilithium won't help you level and with the low marks requirement you'd have to virtually not play at all to be short on those...

Yes the forum is filled with complaints, just like any other boards it's what discussion, debates and arguments are all for!

Someone wasn't happy with something and set out to change it, that's how anything ever got done in the entire history of communication.

And if you look a little closer you will notice the most dedicated people are also often the most knowledgable ones, as this here situation illustrates.
Career Officer
# 16
11-21-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post

Well, firstly, if you had been keeping yourself up to date you would have known that it was probably a good idea to keep your EDC's and salavage the rest - unless you were above a certain level.

In either case dilithium won't help you level and with the low marks requirement you'd have to virtually not play at all to be short on those...

Yes the forum is filled with complaints, just like any other boards it's what discussion, debates and arguments are all for!

Someone wasn't happy with something and set out to change it, that's how anything ever got done in the entire history of communication.

And if you look a little closer you will notice the most dedicated people are also often the most knowledgable ones, as this here situation illustrates.
once more, this isn't about complaints and grievances or the self-loathing I'm feeling. but why cryptic's SOP and initial choices seem to be the ones that cause the levels of customer doubt and despair that is being felt by myself and many others.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Career Officer
# 17
11-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post

Well actually my beef with the forums and the complaining isn't actually with them complaining. They have every right to complain about such things. that's what sounding boards and forums are for. what I can't stand about the forums are things that are wholly off-topic or them dredging up complaints where they need not be.

Exp.

CrypticDev#2501 posts " The long requested ship class in now in game "

RandomComment#2235324.5 post " and what about [ insert stupid off topic issue here ] and insights everyone to start gripping about said off topic thing. same with the facebook comments, but at least I can hide those for the most part.

My thread here was envisioned to be a place for meaningful discussion about the repeat bad choices that the Devs choice as their A-Game which leaves the player base feeling cheated or wronged they switch to Plan B which is less of a blow to the player base but still wholly unpopular and by the time they get around to Plan-C which should of have been plan-a right form the start. The faith and resolve of the player base in the game is so shaken that we're left with not recourse but to question it.

what reassurances can be offered to us the players no matter our status be it silver gold or LTS that such terrible initial choices aren't repeated and that such unpopular things like holding hostage our conversion packs until T3, making the player base feel like they are being forced to replay content to regain ( even with a conversion rate in place ) the rewards they worked hard for.

If they wouldn't of tried said tactic in the first place, I wouldn't of ever sold my EDCs/Techs and Salvage. and the waiting until a day before the change to announce the conversion rates, or leaving it the dedicated data miners of STOwiki to figure it out doesn't leave much for faith shaken players who love this game and only want to see it not only survive but thrive and flourish.. I want to see Star Trek Online be twenty season s or more strong and still full of amazing new things for us to enjoy... and I'll keep buying Zen when I'm able to support this game. and I'd even buy stock in PWE if I though it would help bolster support for this game.
startrek.44thfleet.com