Ensign
# 31
11-21-2012, 11:30 AM
I am having the launcher problem, the update block that appears at the top left when you first open the launcher fails upon:
"Tried connecting 2 times."
"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

To make sure the automated response person understands this... I cannot open the launcher to verify files.

My logfile shows as everyone's does:

121121 19:16:45 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
121121 19:16:45 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

I can confirm that I can ping and do traceroute to the update servers. (Been following instructions from old threads all day.) And I have replaced my launcher with the one available in that updated thread for download, still no effect. I still cannot connect.

I am not in a "restricted country" as I reside in South-Africa and I've been playing the game for quite some time now, but this morning, poof, cannot connect.

I have done everything suggested in threads, including uninstalling the game, cleaning registry and temp files, and reinstalling. Still the problem remains.

Cryptic, my game was working fine when I opened it yesterday, my computer had never even been shut down between me closing and opening the game again. The problem resides somewhere within your (terribly laggy) servers.

If it helps, my IP address resides in the 41.122.142.XX range.

I'll be catching up on some Call of duty while my post receives another automated and unhelpful response.

Thanks.
~Faux_Grey

Edit: This started before the shard maintenance earlier today.
Ensign
# 32
11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm from South Africa and also cannot log in....just hate this patch errors...
Lieutenant
# 33 Same here...
11-21-2012, 11:36 AM
I've got the exact same error as FauxGrey... this has happened to me several times over the last year. Cryptic, when you put out a patch, please also post a 100% clean, working copy of the launcher so we can download that if unable to patch. It wouldn't be that hard to do and would hopefully fix this situation.
Ensign
# 34
11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Im in Spain, same problem. I logged in this morning no issues, logged out, minimized the client and put my PC to sleep. Now, i come back from work, logged in, version mismatch and now cant update.

I dont think i'll bother uninstall/reinstall etc as it hasnt worked for the other posters here. It cant be a problem with ISPs because we posters are from well over 10 diff ISPs and all have the same issue. I read it could be a IP address problem. Going to unplug router for 5 mins and reset PC. Doubt it will fix anything.

Im sorry to hear that some people are playing fine. If its not a global problem the devs are less likely to fix it any time soon.
Ensign
# 35
11-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstalker007 View Post
I'm from South Africa and also cannot log in....just hate this patch errors...
Are you using MTN as your ISP?
I don't think it matters as all South-African traffic is linked through the same hub anyway.

I've just read that they had the same problem earlier this year with one of the global network hubs being unable to send traffic to Cryptic, resulting in a percentage of people being unable to connect.

But that can't be the case, as ping and traceroute works perfectly.

I guess we just wait this one out until it's fixed, due to a lack of a solution.

Edit: Just found this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=303

Why don't they mention these posts on the home page instead of only having the season blogs?

Last edited by fauxgrey; 11-21-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Ensign
# 36
11-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
Just updated the exe in the rar and updated the link.
Ty the exe fixed my game !! its updating now which it didn't do b4.

I'm from south africa too
Captain
# 37
11-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxgrey View Post
I am having the launcher problem, the update block that appears at the top left when you first open the launcher fails upon:
"Tried connecting 2 times."
"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

To make sure the automated response person understands this... I cannot open the launcher to verify files.

My logfile shows as everyone's does:

121121 19:16:45 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
121121 19:16:45 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

I can confirm that I can ping and do traceroute to the update servers. (Been following instructions from old threads all day.) And I have replaced my launcher with the one available in that updated thread for download, still no effect. I still cannot connect.

I am not in a "restricted country" as I reside in South-Africa and I've been playing the game for quite some time now, but this morning, poof, cannot connect.

I have done everything suggested in threads, including uninstalling the game, cleaning registry and temp files, and reinstalling. Still the problem remains.

Cryptic, my game was working fine when I opened it yesterday, my computer had never even been shut down between me closing and opening the game again. The problem resides somewhere within your (terribly laggy) servers.

If it helps, my IP address resides in the 41.122.142.XX range.

I'll be catching up on some Call of duty while my post receives another automated and unhelpful response.

Thanks.
~Faux_Grey

Edit: This started before the shard maintenance earlier today.
This is exactly my problem, and my guess is that whoever has this problem, are the ones still unable to connect to the game.

Is there a way to disable patchclientlib and patchclient? This seems to be locking up the launcher, but I cannot find any files named as such in my STO folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 38
11-21-2012, 02:18 PM
This just occured to me while attempting a few more ideas. Those who are getting the patchclient error, are you using Windows XP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Ensign
# 39
11-21-2012, 03:04 PM
someone who is able to log into the game please upload the star trek online.exe
Ensign
# 40
11-21-2012, 03:13 PM
I know what this game really need, a brand new and more competent technical support!!!!