Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,852
As per Dastahl's post elsewhere:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post


In January we'll be releasing an Andorian Ship on the Federation side to be quickly followed by the STO 3 Year Anniversary Event. This special celebration will be released with a new one-off Feature Episode. If you were at the Star Trek convention in San Francisco this last weekend, Denise Crosby would have you believe that this episode is going to be all about Tasha Yar and Sela. We'll see... anything can happen.

The anniversary event will also offer a new special free ship for both Fed and Kdf players much like we gave away the Odyssey during last year's event.

So what would YOU like to see?

Examples (or my personal thoughts if you prefer):

An episode involving Starfleet and/or the KDF receiving intelligence from somewhere regarding Sela's whereabouts, perhaps involving a 'rescue' of sorts, and perhaps even a skirmish with the Iconian ship (the Obex).

A mirror-universe themed episode involving mirror Tasha, perhaps in command of an Ambassador class starship (thus introducing the Ambassador class as the 'free ship' episode reward, if it is, perhaps).

Now, realistically, I realise that these scenarios are extremely unlikely and would likely be more than could be squeezed into one episode (especially since some will be playing it with a rather impatient 'I just want the free ship' attitude) but as I said, there IS potential for a very memorable episode there and a little speculation is basically harmless.

There is potential for a good episode so, with the speculation pertaining to Denise Crosby in mind, what would YOU like to see?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 11-21-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,641
# 2
11-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
A mirror-universe themed episode involving mirror Tasha, perhaps in command of an Ambassador class starship (thus introducing the Ambassador class as the 'free ship' episode reward, if it is, perhaps).
It wont be this as the featured episode is going to provide a free ship for both FED & KDF players, and Cryptic would be fools to randomly give KDF players a FED ship to play with.

Good idea (as far as the idea goes) but hardly practical.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,852
# 3
11-21-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
It wont be this as the featured episode is going to provide a free ship for both FED & KDF players, and Cryptic would be fools to randomly give KDF players a FED ship to play with.

Good idea (as far as the idea goes) but hardly practical.
True - but this depends on whether they're providing a single free ship that can be used by both factions, or an individual (free) Fed ship and an individual (free) KDF ship. It's not entirely clear, though their 'hint' does tend to lean toward a single ship, as you say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,004
# 4
11-21-2012, 05:49 AM
The hint doesn't specifically say it will be a single ship that both factions can use. It could easily be the Ambassador for Feds, and some Klingon ship in use at the time the Ent-C was lost. It was a Klingon outpost she was defending, after all.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,068
# 5
11-21-2012, 05:52 AM
Ambassador for the Feds and a K'vort for the KDF.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,001
# 6
11-21-2012, 06:00 AM
Wait what, everyone gets a free ship or like they give away a few at random?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,852
# 7
11-21-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
The hint doesn't specifically say it will be a single ship that both factions can use. It could easily be the Ambassador for Feds, and some Klingon ship in use at the time the Ent-C was lost. It was a Klingon outpost she was defending, after all.
Yeah - the hint is (probably intentionally) vaugue on that, though I agree with your comments pertaining to the Ambassador class and said, in another thread, that it would make sense for the free ship to be of said class due to the Denise Crosby/Tasha/Sela connection.

Anyway, I would love to see the Iconians again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,852
# 8
11-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Wait what, everyone gets a free ship or like they give away a few at random?
Everyone who completes the (feature episode) mission receives the free ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 9
11-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Why speculate when I can just tell you?

Feds and the KDF will find an outpost where cereal is being mass produced. After infiltrating and shutting down the machines that produce Bran Flakes, you are confronted by an entity known as the Forum Wanderer. He bans you from the station, but sends you on your way with a new ship. Feds get a Warp-5 Milk Carton, and the KDF get a Warp-5 Spoon.

It's going to be an epic, fiberous adventure.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,852
# 10
11-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Why speculate when I can just tell you?

Feds and the KDF will find an outpost where cereal is being mass produced. After infiltrating and shutting down the machines that produce Bran Flakes, you are confronted by an entity known as the Forum Wanderer. He bans you from the station, but sends you on your way with a new ship. Feds get a Warp-5 Milk Carton, and the KDF get a Warp-5 Spoon.

It's going to be an epic, fiberous adventure.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
*Mumbles*

...I wanted a Warp 7 milk carton, with a toaster console!

And why do the CornFlakes never get any love?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.