Commander
Don't read this if you don't want to listen to speculation. There, I warned you! Seriously, I'm warning you, if you don't want to even see any form of speculation, avoid this thread. I wish I could, I wish I hadn't thought of this while I was in bed earlier. As much as I want to be right, I want to be so very wrong because I like surprises.

I was thinking about this today and think I figured it out. Dan has supplied 3 puzzle pieces to the 3rd Anniversary event. 1) We'll see a TNG cast member making an appearance 2) Will feature a 1 episode FE built on a classic and popular TNG episode 3) faction specific ship is the reward. Other, possible clues 1) Romulans have been pretty popular lately. 2) Systems have been put into Tau Dewa that will be coming into use later 3) One of those systems is the Narendra 4) Sela's name has been popping up alot 5) Dan has hinted that Season 8 is going to have some focus on the Romulans and Klingons and the Tau Dewa System (specifically mentioned was Khitomer)

Now, using these clues and pieces of information, I've got my idea of the 3rd Anniversary event. It's going to take place in the Narendra system and continue the tail of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-C which was lost defending a Klingon colony from a Romulan attack. The TNG member that'll appear will be Tasha Yar and she will hopefully be voiced by the talented Denise Crosby. For the federation players, we'll finally get our hands on the Amabassador class ship... I'm guessing the Klingon ship will be the D5 (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/D5_class) even though it's an older model, it's one of the few canon Klingon ships we don't already have.

As much as I hope I'm right because this would be totally awesome.. I also hope I'm wrong so that I can be surprised with what it really is going to be.
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-24-2012, 11:07 PM
My money says that it is doing to tie into Yesterday's Enterprise, but the Klingon ship is going to be the KVort Bird of Prey. Probably a battlecruiser based on an enlarged B'rel model.

It was featured in the episode after all.
Career Officer
# 53
11-24-2012, 11:11 PM
agree with the poster above, sometimes they are good at hideing and surprising things for us but this is just out there in the spot light.

enterprise c for sure is comin not that iam perticular fan of it, but i know its been wanted by alot on these forums.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Commander
# 54
11-25-2012, 12:34 AM
There is an important factor you've forgotten about, said actress also played Sela in TNG, the same Sela who went on to become Empress of the Romulan's following their defeat and was kidnapped by the Iconians.

We could be seeing some actual advancement in the Iconian plot.
Captain
# 55
11-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsf00181 View Post
My money says that it is doing to tie into Yesterday's Enterprise, but the Klingon ship is going to be the KVort Bird of Prey. Probably a battlecruiser based on an enlarged B'rel model.

It was featured in the episode after all.
Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to add in a Klingon ship from Enterprise if they're doing a TNG-centric FE.

I hope that the new Klingon ship would be huge, but in the style of the Bird of Preys, rather than just taking existing BOPs and scaling them up as a new ship.

I don't play Klingons, but even I would be a little insulted if they released a straight K'Vort that just scaled up the B'rel.
Captain
# 56
11-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to add in a Klingon ship from Enterprise if they're doing a TNG-centric FE.

I hope that the new Klingon ship would be huge, but in the style of the Bird of Preys, rather than just taking existing BOPs and scaling them up as a new ship.

I don't play Klingons, but even I would be a little insulted if they released a straight K'Vort that just scaled up the B'rel.
K'vort was in TNG...
Captain
# 57
11-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
K'vort was in TNG...
I know. I was talking about the D5 that OP was guessing would be the Klingon reward.
Republic Veteran
# 58
11-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
Personally, it's never sat well with me that the K'Vort was just a scaled up B'rel. To me, that was probably the laziest ship design decision in all of Trek. Even worse than the Yeager type, and frankly, I loathe that mismatched thing.
If they're ever going to introduce the K'Vort class into STO, then I hope CBS gives the art team the go-ahead to actually make a unique design for it.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Ensign
# 59 Year 3 Anniversary thoughts
11-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi Everyone;

I know it is still early, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of what the anniversary ship will be that Mr. Stahal (sp) eluded to.

I'm pretty excited about being able to redo the missions for winter event to get the items i missed, but ...

I'm very curious on what the ship giveaway might be..both fed and KDF.

Welcoming your thoughts.

VeraZetA
Career Officer
# 60
11-25-2012, 01:35 PM
I think the Ambassador/K'vort will be a T5 ship and will have the standard configuration, and the T5 +1 version will be the refit with an extra ability.