Career Officer
# 61
11-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsf00181 View Post
My money says that it is doing to tie into Yesterday's Enterprise, but the Klingon ship is going to be the KVort Bird of Prey. Probably a battlecruiser based on an enlarged B'rel model.

It was featured in the episode after all.
Makes perfect sense to me. Perhaps scaled up with better details. Since it's so much more to look at. I imagine that such a ship doesn't land like traditional BoP's. However, as the K'Vort-class Cruiser fired on both Enterprise C and D with the wings up, I assume it's wings would remain in a fixed, up position.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Captain
# 62
11-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post

Makes perfect sense to me. Perhaps scaled up with better details. Since it's so much more to look at. I imagine that such a ship doesn't land like traditional BoP's. However, as the K'Vort-class Cruiser fired on both Enterprise C and D with the wings up, I assume it's wings would remain in a fixed, up position.
That's assuming they do use a scaled-up BoP, rather than some new, larger ship with a BoP configuration.

I'd honestly make a new ship in the style of a BoP but larger... otherwise, it would look weird, even with higher levels of detail, if they still based it off the B'rel.
Career Officer
# 63
11-25-2012, 02:30 PM
I appreciate the interest in a newer, original model for the K'Vort. However, it wasn't a new model in Yesterday's Enterprise. So the free ship by way of anniversary event would likely reflect that reality. Clearly, a just scaled-up model for a K'Vort would suggest the addition of several rows of windows. At a minimum, this may assist the player in distinguishing it from any of the KDF Raider's in the game.

However, as others have previously suggested of the Ambassador, a set of C-Store variants would likely follow a free reward offering. I would go so far as to suggest the K'Vort would appear similarly. Perhaps with costume variants to offer something modern for both starships?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Rihannsu
# 64
11-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Truthfully... I'd be happy with a K'Vort that looks like a giant B'Rel. More so, if they made it have extra details, like more hull lights, and triple disruptor mounts or something to emphasize the size change.

EDIT: But that being said.... If this is as much like Last year's as I think it is..... This will be a ship that is fundamentally NEW.... I wonder.... maybe the C will be a Fed version of the K'Vort? Either way it should have some sort of new ability.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 11-25-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Captain
# 65
11-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Truthfully... I'd be happy with a K'Vort that looks like a giant B'Rel. More so, if they made it have extra details, like more hull lights, and triple disruptor mounts or something to emphasize the size change.

EDIT: But that being said.... If this is as much like Last year's as I think it is..... This will be a ship that is fundamentally NEW.... I wonder.... maybe the C will be a Fed version of the K'Vort? Either way it should have some sort of new ability.
I doubt the basic free ships will come with any really astounding abilities. If I recall correctly, the free Odyssey only had a boost to its Quantum Slipstream duration, which isn't really all that spectacular.

Judging by precedent, the C-Store variants will have several unique abilities though. Those should be fun to see.
Empire Veteran
# 66
11-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudgy View Post
Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. - The Matrix

Lolz!
Robin Hood and the Matrix in one post!!

Edit: If they get a ship that's shaped like a spoon, in addition to resembling the Oddy, won't the Cardassians be mad at the racist overtones?
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)

Last edited by dkshadow9498; 11-25-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Cause I felt like it
Survivor of Romulus
# 67
11-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshadow9498 View Post
Robin Hood and the Matrix in one post!!

Edit: If they get a ship that's shaped like a spoon, in addition to resembling the Oddy, won't the Cardassians be mad at the racist overtones?
I believe it'd be specist, not racist... (It's like people nowadays don't know how to use that word).

Also, who cares what Cardassians think? They're not real.

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Empire Veteran
# 68
11-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayuskorianis View Post
I believe it'd be specist, not racist... (It's like people nowadays don't know how to use that word).

Also, who cares what Cardassians think? They're not real.
You do realize that NONE of this is real right? Just want to make sure.
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
Career Officer
# 69
11-26-2012, 12:06 AM
It just hit me that if this episode revisits Tasha's last days, they need to add the "Yesterday's Enterprise" uniforms to the game. Looking forward to that.
Commander
# 70
11-26-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more!

but wait a tick... We have to realize the truth...

There is no spoon.
LOL both of these popped RIGHT in my head as well.

And yea, my money's on us ending up on the other side of the Temporal Anomaly the Ent-D encountered.