Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 21
11-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Our engineers are on the issue, and actively seeking a solution. We'll update you all as soon as we have something concrete. Progress has already been made, though.

The cause of this appears to be projects that had <20 hours remaining on their countdown timers, when the requirements were reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours.
because

time_remaining-=20

and
if time_remaining<20
time_remaining=0 *
else
time_remaining-=20

are not the same thing.

*Also, edge cases since you operation takes a finite time to execute and you need to make sure it can't end in a failure state (in this case the easiest resolution would have been to set them to a say 5 minute timer, and no one would know differently).
Ensign
# 22 Estimated Time for Update
11-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Please advise when we can expect an update to correct this issue. Obviously valuable time is being lost in not being able to begin new reputation projects, which delays our toons' progress.
Commander
# 23 Ouch!
11-21-2012, 11:41 AM
My toons have the same problem. I'd love to know when we can expect a fix
Ensign
# 24 Same here
11-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Got to love the new season 7 DCed and projects on hold!!!
Captain
# 25
11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsri View Post
because

time_remaining-=20

and
if time_remaining<20
time_remaining=0 *
else
time_remaining-=20

are not the same thing.

*Also, edge cases since you operation takes a finite time to execute and you need to make sure it can't end in a failure state (in this case the easiest resolution would have been to set them to a say 5 minute timer, and no one would know differently).
Except the patch wasn't supposed to reduce the times on the currently ticking projects. At least that's what the patch notes said.

Projects that weren't filled yet, however, would have the stuff reduced appropriately.

What I can't figure out is HOW THE HECK DID IT HAPPEN IF IT'S THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT'S EXPECTED????
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Lieutenant
# 26
11-21-2012, 11:52 AM
One of my romulan projects just ended (the other has 10 minutes left) and I was able to start the next project right away, with the new 20h timer (so working as intended for me). That means that not everyone is affected by this issue, and it may be a local problem, and not something to do with the servers.
Commander
# 27
11-21-2012, 12:00 PM
My main toon istuck on bot Omega and Romulan on both projects, started them yesterday was suppossed to get to 14k XP almost to tier 2, now they are "finishing", Omega is at 128%, Romulan at 130%.
Other toon is stuck in 1 project, completed 2, and didn't fill rom. marks in 4th one. complete chaos there.
Ensign
# 28
11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
there will be no fix

in 10-20hours it will fix it self, maybe

atleast they will wait that long

and i was hoping to make good progress in this reputation projects

now iam fu cked up, because i did start the projects right after S7 went online

thanks cryptic ...

Z
Lieutenant
# 29
11-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Ok so both of my projects that I was running have finished and I've moved on to the next ones (with the new 20h timer).
I didn't do anything specific as a workaround for this so I'm thinking that some people, for whatever reason, weren't affected by this bug.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 30
11-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Another quick update:

Our Engineers are about 95% certain that projects reporting this issue on the UI will still complete when their 40 hour timers have ran.

There is also a functional workaround, where running an Elite Mark turn-in project under the Omega Reputation appears to "kick start" these frozen projects into their proper state.

As I said before, we're still investigating a true Software-based fix for the issue, but these workarounds may help folks that are experiencing the issue, until that fix can be pushed to Holodeck.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...

Last edited by borticuscryptic; 11-21-2012 at 12:16 PM.