Login

Notices

Ensign
# 41
11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Which project?
New Romulus Support Colonization Efforts and Send Supplies and TF Omega Submit Research Materials and File Situation Report.
Ensign
# 42
11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi, you all can fix this thing, but you must have 5 neural processors, you only have to start one special project than all other will instantly be ready for new starting, they are instantly finished
Ensign
# 43
11-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzist View Post
In my active projects the commodity items that were completely filled before now appear to be not filled. The Contribute button for both commodities are shown but only 1 of them is active.
i have the same thing ,.. with all projects, and only with commodoties, hypo's / shield regen and the major regenerators.
Empire Veteran
# 44
11-21-2012, 11:49 AM
The whole game is on the fritz it won't stay connected longer than 5 seconds to even give accurate statements on what is and isn't broken right now.
Ensign
# 45
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeirs View Post
i have the same thing ,.. with all projects, and only with commodoties, hypo's / shield regen and the major regenerators.
Yes, just the commodities. The Marks and Expertise are indicated as filled. Also, I tried adding commodities with the Contribute button, but that doesn't work. I believe the number of commodities shown in the progress bar is off, but I'm not sure.
Captain
# 46
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Our engineers are on the issue, and actively seeking a solution. We'll update you all as soon as we have something concrete. Progress has already been made, though.

The cause of this appears to be projects that had <20 hours remaining on their countdown timers, when the requirements were reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours.
In the back of my mind, I was wondering if the Project system's code was robust enough to handle that. I should have expect a snafu like that. Programming involve time is the more difficult. things to handle. Almost no one who does this once in a while ever get's it right the first time. (Like assuming time remaining will always be greater then or equal to zero.

I know this because I developed and used to dveloper doctor appointment systems. You have to assume anything and everything WILL, not could, WILL happen. Because if it can happen it will. And pulling hair out for a job scheduler for a billing systems would would only schedule the next job if the today's job ran (which it didn't have the time).

Hrm. And an easy no new code fix would be do a database update to set all "running" projects to zero duration remaining. The code fix can then be done in a more leisurely manner.
Career Officer
# 47
11-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Which project?
scorpionblue fighter broken can't deposit fighter and have blue fighter
Ensign
# 48
11-21-2012, 11:54 AM
well i just relogged and its all fine for me now, the rep system is back to normal for me after being out of the game for about 20min.
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
11-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkadmiral View Post
same for me, all stuck
There is a new fix for this coming next patch Vortices has posted about it in another thread :-)
Cryptic Studios Team
# 50
11-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzist View Post
Yes, just the commodities. The Marks and Expertise are indicated as filled. Also, I tried adding commodities with the Contribute button, but that doesn't work. I believe the number of commodities shown in the progress bar is off, but I'm not sure.
This sounds like the issue that's listed in the patch notes as a Known Issue. If the requirement is shown as being completed, you can safely ignore the lit-up Contribute button. Fill the other requirements, and the project should kick off its timer.

Quote:
Known Issue:

Some of the Reputation projects had their requirements lowered.
Players that had more than the new required amount of Commodities, Hypos, and other items already contributed in Reputations, will see their "Contribute" button still available, but be unable to Contribute.
This is a display issue only, and can be ignored if the requirement for that item has already been met.
Clicking on the Contribute button will not result in any action being taken, and it can be safely ignored if the main UI is showing that the requirements have been met for that field.
It will clear itself up once that project is completed.
This will not occur for future projects, unless requirements are again lowered in a future patch.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...