Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 41
11-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I've tracked down the issue at hand. It stems from not all Bridge Officers sharing the same defining config files.

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

We'll be updating the Projects to accept a wider range of Bridge Officers (hopefully encompassing all possibilities), and should have that fix in next week's patch.
This is going to create an entertaining temporary market of trying to fail doff assignments to be able to meet requirements.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
I've tracked down the issue at hand. It stems from not all Bridge Officers sharing the same defining config files.

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

We'll be updating the Projects to accept a wider range of Bridge Officers (hopefully encompassing all possibilities), and should have that fix in next week's patch.
You 'do' realize that by making it common quality bridge officers you actually made it harder to fill even if it was not borked currently?
Empire Veteran
# 43
11-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom01 View Post
You 'do' realize that by making it common quality bridge officers you actually made it harder to fill even if it was not borked currently?
How?
You can buy commons at ESD/Qo'nos right now.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
# 44
11-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz19721010 View Post
Maybe it is time to ask yourselves, why are people acting this way? Maybe, it is time to consider that this game developing isn't working right and it is time to fix the problems. Maybe, it is time to recognize your salary comes from real people with real issues with the game that are not being fixed.
Can't really disagree with this statement. We pay their salaries. Without us, there would be no Cryptic, no STO, nothing. And yes, while our comments may not always come off with the fullest of respect, Cryptic needs US more than we need THEM.
Ensign
# 45
11-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:

thankyou for finding the issue. Would it be possible for you to remove the project from the starbase so that we can get another one up and running. That is after you fix the disconnection issue.
Survivor of Romulus
# 46
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
It would seem that we are stuck with the bugged project for another week then. Thankyou for finding the problem tho. As for the "why did you do it" comments.. well we've done all the t4 upgrades. It would seem only logical to clean up the bridge officer projects while we work towards tier 5. And it's not like we had any reason to believe it would be bugged. We fill projects in seconds, even upgrades. So there was no need for concern when we chose to start it. Thankyou Dura for your efforts to have this bug fixed I know the whole fleet appreciates al the hard work you put in.
So thanks again Borticus for finding the problem.
Rihannsu
# 47
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:

Now go and get your Turkey so you can have some Gobble gobble tomorrow.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Ensign
# 48
11-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Can't really disagree with this statement. We pay their salaries. Without us, there would be no Cryptic, no STO, nothing. And yes, while our comments may not always come off with the fullest of respect, Cryptic needs US more than we need THEM.
very well put sir or maam
Empire Veteran
# 49
11-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:

LOL before the patch I was having an issue on my engineer on KDF side using the 1000 day vet ship where it was trying to put every single boff skill I had on my boffs on my skill bar every time I logged it in and when I looked at my boff stations they all showed none.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
How?
You can buy commons at ESD/Qo'nos right now.
For a 'small' dilithium fee.

Having to buy new boffs while at the same time hundreds of thousands are already in circulation 'somehow' feels wrong.