Login

Notices

Lieutenant
# 51
11-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
How?
You can buy commons at ESD/Qo'nos right now.
Because people get tons of blue/purple boffs from leveling up and from various doff projects. If you look on the exchange blue boffs are so cheap they may as well be free, you often find them for 50 or 100 credits.

You only get white boffs from failures and from VERY low levels through regular game play, and the ones available in the npc stores require 240 dil. 240 dil is worth quite a bit more than 50-100 ec.

And, really, most fleets wouldn't have to spend anything for blue/purple boffs, as there's probably enough members with them sitting unused to fill up the requirements quickly wihtout anyone needing to buy anything.

Reducing the quality necessary on doffs for projects made things a lot easier for most people. Reducing them for boffs created a bug that crippled many fleet's advancement until it's fixed and is going to cost them more in the long run.

Last edited by verbenamage; 11-21-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Ensign
# 52
11-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz19721010 View Post
Remember, we are paying you. The players are your income. Without us, you are broke. It is important to recognize that and take even a little unconstructive criticism...business men deal with irate customers all the time without banning them. There does come a point after being nice and explaining that our patients is reached and we begin to get a little irate.
just because a % of what you pay goes towards paying a persons wages does not give you the right to be rude and insult a person do you do the same in when you go shopping in a local store or places were you pay for items or to partake in entertainment?

That is the problem with a lot people these days they seem to think that because they pay for something the have a right to insult,belittle and abuse members of staff and it just plain rude and shows a lack of respect for other people in general
Career Officer
# 53
11-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by day06 View Post
just because a % of what you pay goes towards paying a persons wages does not give you the right to be rude and insult a person do you do the same in when you go shopping in a local store or places were you pay for items or to partake in entertainment?

That is the problem with a lot people these days they seem to think that because they pay for something the have a right to insult,belittle and abuse members of staff and it just plain rude and shows a lack of respect for other people in general
When we pay for something and it does not work and we complain nicely and nothing gets done...most of us will start getting a little dirty. When a person provides a service or merchandise and it is faulty...that is rude!
Career Officer
# 54
11-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbenamage View Post
Because people get tons of blue/purple doffs from leveling up and from various doff projects. If you look on the exchange blue doffs are so cheap they may as well be free, you often find them for 50 or 100 credits.

You only get white doffs from failures and from VERY low levels through regular game play, and the ones available in the npc stores require 240 dil. 240 dil is worth quite a bit more than 50-100 ec.

And, really, most fleets wouldn't have to spend anything for blue/purple doffs, as there's probably enough members with them sitting unused to fill up the requirements quickly wihtout anyone needing to buy anything.

Reducing the quality necessary on doffs for projects made things a lot easier for most people. Reducing them for boffs created a bug that crippled many fleet's advancement until it's fixed and is going to cost them more in the long run.
Uh did you mean bridge officers? I dont recall buying duty officers for 240 dilithium each.

lol @ OP. Insults and generally be a belligerent little twit and when asked for more information continues to rant and rave.

Do you know how many bug reports they must get? Having to shift through all that must be a full time job. XD

Also what day06 said.

But yeah Im experiencing constant disconnects. Just got disconnected for the fifth time in a span of 5 or so minutes.

No my connection is fine.

Though I think i found a correalation.

If you try to do anything too fast it seems like the server throws ups its hands and just disconnects you.

E.g. Trying to access the Fleet Holdings before the server fills it in. I got into the holding page but everything was t0 and no projects were going.

Thought it was weird. Tried to click something to see if that would refresh it- Disconnected.

On ESD. Trying to get to the security officer. Run run run run. Stop next to Sec Officer. Mash F to bring up the doff mission - Disconnected.

Quote:
When we pay for something and it does not work and we complain nicely and nothing gets done...most of us will start getting a little dirty. When a person provides a service or merchandise and it is faulty...that is rude!
So your solution is to berate and get rude? Yeah thats really going to get them moving.
Captain
# 55
11-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I've found another bug, the server keeps kicking me every five seconds. I can't even finish a sentence in chat without getting disconnected.
Captain
# 56
11-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Are you just crazy? If you were trying to do a project and it didn't work you wouldn't just be "dealing" with it...you would complain.
i was refering to the part where he thought he would get something back, because the project in question got cheaper.
Go pro or go home
Ensign
# 57
11-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by day06 View Post

I will agree that we have been a bit louder then normal today, but I would not say rude. Point out where we were if you do see it sir. We have all done the bug reports, telling them what is wrong, and then we get told that we literally have to take a screen shot, edit it, and then send it in for them to understand it? I would say that is where the rudeness is.

I know that the people at cryptic are going to be going home soon for thanksgiving, and I will not ask people to work on a holiday, even though I do, but if it were coming up on a holiday weekend, were alot of people were going to be off, why not hold the patch until after that so that there would not be a mad dash to get things fixed just to make the game playable?(giant grammar fail there).

I can not even stay connected for more then 5 minutes at a time, and it seems that, at last look, there were 15 pages of posters having the same issue. Perhaps roll the servers back to before the patch to get the thing running so people can play in a semi turkey induced coma?
Career Officer
# 58
11-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somrik View Post

So your solution is to berate and get rude? Yeah thats really going to get them moving.
Where did you get that from? My solution is if Cryptic makes a product that works people will be happy. If Cryptic makes a mistake...fix it. If Cryptic can't fix it immediately...respond to the request and fix it. If they just throw their hands up in the air and ban people for getting angry, people should quit giving Cryptic money. That is the "solution."
Ensign
# 59
11-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
yes you have rights as a customer but none that of them give you the right to abuse/insult and belittle members of staff if you did it in a store a cinema or another public place you be removed to the building by security and banned.

This is a video game that in a state on continual progress bugs happen and while some take longer than others track down and fix with out braking other systems they all take time, it be nice if they were fixed in a speed manner but it does not always happen and being rude and disrespectful to the people trying to fix thing is not going to get it fixed any quicker.
Ensign
# 60
11-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somrik View Post
Uh did you mean bridge officers? I dont recall buying duty officers for 240 dilithium each.

lol @ OP. Insults and generally be a belligerent little twit and when asked for more information continues to rant and rave.

Do you know how many bug reports they must get? Having to shift through all that must be a full time job. XD

While using the word idiot may have been a bit strong, I would have to say that had he only posted with.

"Dear sir or maam, I have found that this issue still exists and is causing me some major emotional distress, if you would fix it at your earliest convenience I would be most greatful" he most likely would never have gotten a response at all.

I have no idea how many bugs they get a day, week, month, or in any time frame. I know that I have submitted bug reports, and I have no idea if anyone even looks at them. Even if they got an automated response going that said "we have received your ticket and will be looking into it shortly." At least then we would know it had been looked at by a person.