Lt. Commander
I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to progress the romulan patrol missions and here is my experience...

Im an idiot maybe.lol

Last edited by recksracer; 11-21-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Captain
# 2
11-21-2012, 11:00 AM
ya, 1 hour and 7 different engagements for 50 marks ?

Not my idea of fun.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lieutenant
# 3
11-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Just do acamar over and over. You click on a few dialog options each run and you're done. If you've got high diplo/marauding commendation it's often even quicker.

The combat patrols are ok if I'm in the mood to shoot something, but if I just want to get things done in a hurry I just do acamar. And I'm never, ever herding grekli or doing that stupid trading mission.
Captain
# 4
11-21-2012, 11:20 AM
LOL,
I like that trading mission.
I can live without the starbase assault tho.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 5
11-21-2012, 11:25 AM
The new sector block is a bit hit and miss. there are some nice ones, and some kill 5/5 (really thought we had left them behind) and some that are interesting but not ideal for quick repeats.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-21-2012, 11:30 AM
I started that patrol mission where you trade with different merchants but gave up after I realized there are faster ways to get my marks. The frustrating thing is now I have a trade item in my inventory and I can't get rid of it!
Career Officer
# 7
11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
If you're going to do the kill 5 waves of xxx enemy, do the Hirogen one at Narendra - pure facerolling but less annoying than the Tholian one - you'll also get enough Mk X and XI drops to cover the EC cost of buying commodities for the rep system.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-21-2012, 12:05 PM
The romulan rep sources as a whole are a chore, personally I don't mind doing the fed Events for fleet marks when in the right mood, the only Romulan one I'd rate like that is the salt vampire thing, my guesss is that will soon become as much fun as emptying the dishwasher when you're running it for the 15th time.
Republic Veteran
# 9
11-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I actually liked most of the patrol missions in the new sector, the 5/5 fight ones are just rollovers (can get marks really fast doing those).

The trading mission was just yucky and boring.

The Tholian one is fun,love fighting the other Tholian ships with my Recluse and Orb Weaver, its just too funny killing them that way LOL

But Acamar is the fastest like said above if you have any diplo/marauding.
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Captain
# 10
11-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Personally I loved all of the new patrol missions. While the destroy x number of enemy missions can be somewhat dull after a time. The fact that the USS Enterprise dropped out of warp and the captain sent a voice over message made up for it. I'd have to say Cryptic did a very nice job all around on this new sector block. All of the patrol missions are quite interesting.