Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Survivor of Remus
Here is a screenshot of mentioned bug that has been around for probably a year. I only notice it on the Andorian ship. Im not sure which power it is, but when its used or finished being used, all i see is a white box. I woulda thought this would've been fixed when the problem first appeared.
But i guess all bugs get left for 4 yrs

I put a circle around the white box indicating what i am talking about. Even though it stands out like a sore thumb

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...2-09-52-33.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2014, 06:05 PM
I have seen this bug since day one of STO. the day it is fixed, will be the day before the servers shut down. so enjoy it while it lasts.
"Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
Survivor of Remus
# 3
06-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
I have seen this bug since day one of STO. the day it is fixed, will be the day before the servers shut down. so enjoy it while it lasts.
why does everyone keep saying the servers are going to shut down? I think the devs woulda said something if they were planning on doing just that. Besides, why release new content and changes to the game if they were going to shut servers down? There is no logic behind that. Just rumors

From my experience with mmo's, they dont release content and changes for a looooonnnggg time if they plan on doin that

Last edited by craig76; 06-21-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 4
06-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by policestate76 View Post
But meh, its cryptic, dont look for any logical explanation.
so true
Career Officer
# 5
06-23-2014, 01:07 AM
@OP: Very likely this is no bug at all, but rather a texture cache issue (as in: icon for power in question hasn't been cached yet).

At any rate, extremely trivial issue.
Survivor of Remus
# 6
06-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
@OP: Very likely this is no bug at all, but rather a texture cache issue (as in: icon for power in question hasn't been cached yet).

not quite sure if i follow what you mean....do you mean on my computer? or pwe havent done something with it or need to fix it?

It's the only thing that i have seen as a white box.
Survivor of Remus
# 7
06-23-2014, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by policestate76 View Post
Well, if they stop releasing stuff (that apparently is the only thing they are doing) then nobody will play. So, even if that is true, the re going to shut down the servers, they need to keep releasing content for the people who still will play until the last day. They cant just "shut down" the servers because they need to reduce the ammount of people playing first. And they need to show a little respect for all the LFS and monthly subscribers of the game. Now, yeah those are only rumors. But i dont think they are too far away from the truth, actually. We should just enjoy what we can until the holocaust presents itself. It could be the next year, or the next after that. Or the next month.. who knows.

About that annoying bug, yes, i notice it all the time, and its ridiculous. I dont know why things like this are still not fixed. But meh, its cryptic, dont look for any logical explanation.
TBH, if they did close the servers forever, i would be so sad Unless they made a STO2, that was even better, then maybe not so sad, but i would still miss STO either way. They can not clse the servers for as long as i am alive. Once i am dead, then they can do what they like
Captain
# 8
06-23-2014, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post

Well, it is a problem of the game anyways. So its a bug. As other bugs, it happens to a lot of people. We all know the game engine is really bad and right now, problems like this will be more present, but this is happening since ages ago..
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
06-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig76 View Post
Here is a screenshot of mentioned bug that has been around for probably a year. I only notice it on the Andorian ship. Im not sure which power it is, but when its used or finished being used, all i see is a white box. I woulda thought this would've been fixed when the problem first appeared.
But i guess all bugs get left for 4 yrs

I put a circle around the white box indicating what i am talking about. Even though it stands out like a sore thumb

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...2-09-52-33.jpg
It's possible this is a power that just didn't get an icon assigned to it, a simple oversight.

Does anyone have any idea of what power(s) that might have this issue? Under what circumstances do you see it most often?
Captain
# 10
06-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Would it be possible that this is just a texture that hasn't loaded into VRAM yet the moment the power gets called? (Then on subsequent uses it should show the icon.)
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored