Notices

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
11-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
What?

Shouldnt you instead discourage people from using the extra BOFF? Or does the EULA mean nothing anymore?
If it affects the entire playerbase, they can't fix it anytime soon, and it is not giving anyone a specific advantage it doesn't matter much.

They may also be using it to secretly mine data on how a new set of starships with one and two extra boff slots would behave.

Unlike say, WoW, where a 3% boost in player power could completely change world rankings for boss kills or for pvp rewards, in STO an extra boff slot is good, but not likely to significantly change content that can (or cannot) be done, it might get a couple of extra groups through no win scenario and help some weaker groups do into the hive onslaught on elite that couldn't otherwise, but if you weren't close to either of those before this isn't going to get you there.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsri View Post
If it affects the entire playerbase, they can't fix it anytime soon, and it is not giving anyone a specific advantage it doesn't matter much.

They may also be using it to secretly mine data on how a new set of starships with one and two extra boff slots would behave.
Are you special or something?
Career Officer
# 13
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
/10char

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 14
11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:

Unlike say, WoW, where a 3% boost in player power could completely change world rankings for boss kills or for pvp rewards, in STO an extra boff slot is good, but not likely to significantly change content that can (or cannot) be done, it might get a couple of extra groups through no win scenario and help some weaker groups do into the hive onslaught on elite that couldn't otherwise, but if you weren't close to either of those before this isn't going to get you there.
If STO has no intention whatsoever to take itself seriously and compete in a crowded marketplace then sure, it's no biggie.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
# 15
11-21-2012, 01:55 PM
The biggest issues this bug has produced is, One super bugships in pvp Otherwise known as slightly more annoying than usual Jemhadar. Two, probably used to beat round 10 of No Win But thats kinda in theme with beating the impossible challenge by bending the rules so; Congrats if so the tittle means even more now. Three made me really grouchy to see a bunch of system and UI bugs from tribble make it over to Holodeck but I had a beer and got over it.
Captain
# 16
11-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This wouldn't technically be an exploit. I know the line is fuzzy, but this was an error in the code that resulted from an oversight on our part. We can't/won't be policing and penalizing players for making use of this oversight if they choose to. In fact, this particular bug is so easy to reproduce that many players may be making use of it without even knowing they are doing so.

And I'm not really encouraging it. I just know that we don't have the resources or justification to hold players accountable for making use of this bug while it remains live.
While you "can't/won't be policing and penalizing players" how can you seriously claim this isn't an exploit?

How would a player not know they're running abilities their ship doesn't support? This isn't some bug that only effects one's target. It effects the number and quality of Boff abilities players have available.

It's bad enough your company constantly screws up code mergers and has had the worst QA I've ever seen, but to claim this isn't an exploit is complete b.s. Seriously, you're putting your professional reputation on the line when you make claims like that. You should have left it at Mgt decided we don't have resources at this time to enforce those exploiting and an fix is in the pipeline. Quite frankly you've cemented your professional reputation to be as poor as the company you work for.
Captain
# 17
11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Known, repro'd, and should be fixed very soon. Have fun with your extra Boff slots 'til then!
wtf?! I got an official warning from branflakes for trying to bring this bug to the devs' attention and now you are encouraging people to exploit it. Disgusting.

You realize this bug is ruining pvp and you are sitting there telling people to have fun with it. Well, guess what? IT'S NOT FUN TO GO UP AGAINST PEOPLE USING THIS EXPLOIT! I just don't understand your mindset at all.

Last edited by skurf; 11-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Captain
# 18
11-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
This wouldn't technically be an exploit. I know the line is fuzzy, but this was an error in the code that resulted from an oversight on our part. We can't/won't be policing and penalizing players for making use of this oversight if they choose to. In fact, this particular bug is so easy to reproduce that many players may be making use of it without even knowing they are doing so.

And I'm not really encouraging it. I just know that we don't have the resources or justification to hold players accountable for making use of this bug while it remains live.
Then why did I get a forum warning for trying to bring this bug to the devs' attention? He specifically stated in his warning that posting about exploits was against forum rules when I didn't post how to do it or anything of the sort. I was just trying to get y'all to realize it existed and now you are telling people to enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-21-2012, 02:24 PM
This is the kind of thing that you buys should be dropping what you doing and fixing immediately and hot patching ASAP. This "lol, have a good time with it for awhile" attitude is exactly why players are leaving the game. It simply astounds me how you guys treat you product.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
This is the kind of thing that you buys should be dropping what you doing and fixing immediately and hot patching ASAP. This "lol, have a good time with it for awhile" attitude is exactly why players are leaving the game. It simply astounds me how you guys treat you product.
They are all leaving in droves. Everyone!

This is the most hyperbole I've ever read in a post. Forever. Because this is the main reason why every fleet in STO is going to go to <insert name of competing game here to be crass>.

No excuse my while I break the game because I have an extra use of Beam Overload 1 or Engineering Team 1. Holy moly, it's so game breaking! It's the I WIN button!

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Closed Thread