Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 371
# 21
11-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
While you "can't/won't be policing and penalizing players" how can you seriously claim this isn't an exploit?

How would a player not know they're running abilities their ship doesn't support? This isn't some bug that only effects one's target. It effects the number and quality of Boff abilities players have available.

It's bad enough your company constantly screws up code mergers and has had the worst QA I've ever seen, but to claim this isn't an exploit is complete b.s. Seriously, you're putting your professional reputation on the line when you make claims like that. You should have left it at Mgt decided we don't have resources at this time to enforce those exploiting and an fix is in the pipeline. Quite frankly you've cemented your professional reputation to be as poor as the company you work for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks
With a forum name like that? Wow, I'm extremely surprised this would come from you.

Extremely. I mean, it's not like you have an agenda or anything.

Also, you might want to wipe the froth from your mouth, it's a little unsightly.

BTW borticus, this will teach you to post on the forums. One poster's reprimand is a dev's indulgence

But it wouldn't be the first time we've had some fuzzy moderation calls on the forums, amirite?

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 11-21-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,495
# 22
11-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
With a forum name like that? Wow, I'm extremely surprised this would come from you.

Extremely. I mean, it's not like you have an agenda or anything.

Also, you might want to wipe the froth from your mouth, it's a little unsightly.

BTW borticus, this will teach you to post on the forums. One poster's reprimand is a dev's indulgence

But it wouldn't be the first time we've had some fuzzy moderation calls on the forums, amirite?
Yeah, not wanting Devs to be liars about what is or isn't an exploit is such a shifty agenda ...

It has nothing to do w/P2W it has everything to do w/professional conduct and quality of service.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,404
# 23
11-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
They are all leaving in droves. Everyone!

This is the most hyperbole I've ever read in a post. Forever. Because this is the main reason why every fleet in STO is going to go to <insert name of competing game here to be crass>.



No excuse my while I break the game because I have an extra use of Beam Overload 1 or Engineering Team 1. Holy moly, it's so game breaking! It's the I WIN button!
There are people who won't understand how to properly use a bug that gives you every possible BOff power at once, as unbelievable as that sounds. It's not those players that are the cause for alarm; it's the ones who do know exactly how powerful that is.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,456
# 24
11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Well.... That escalated quickly...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 25
11-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This wouldn't technically be an exploit. I know the line is fuzzy, but this was an error in the code that resulted from an oversight on our part. We can't/won't be policing and penalizing players for making use of this oversight if they choose to. In fact, this particular bug is so easy to reproduce that many players may be making use of it without even knowing they are doing so.
What an absolutely preposterous notion.
At least now we know what voldemort et al. stuck around for so long. (It's still there, last I checked, actually)
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 434
# 26
11-21-2012, 04:33 PM
I feel so trolled right now.
__________________________________________
Foundry: Yet Another Borg Mission
It's terrible but easy, and these Borg are way cooler than the mess STO and Voyager left us.
May not actually be "way" cooler or even "slightly" cooler.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 371
# 27
11-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Yeah, not wanting Devs to be liars about what is or isn't an exploit is such a shifty agenda ...

It has nothing to do w/P2W it has everything to do w/professional conduct and quality of service.
I see. Powerless as we are... I wish there was some way we could report these sort of things to moderators, when we feel that someone has posted something that one shouldn't. If only there was some sort of way to report this sort of thing...

Also, professionals would definitely come in during the US holiday weekend to code a fix and launch it. Please make sure QA also makes the necessary arrangements, since it will need to be QA'd before going to Holodeck.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 11-21-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,495
# 28
11-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
I see. Powerless as we are... I wish there was some way we could report these sort of things to moderators, when we feel that someone has posted something that one shouldn't. If only there was some sort of way to report this sort of thing...
My posts have nothing to do with forum moderation. It has to do with Stahl having a history of lies rubbing off on a Dev. This not only tarnishes an already bad reputation for Cryptic, but now the Dev is washed in it too.

Further, do you not see a problem with a company that has a history of the same bugs re-emerging time and time again? Do you not see a problem with a company who's basically saying they're too cheap to enforce their own ToS in terms of griefing via exploits?

Again what does any of this have to do with either P2W (ie my forum handle) or forum moderation?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 371
# 29
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
My posts have nothing to do with forum moderation. It has to do with Stahl having a history of lies rubbing off on a Dev. This not only tarnishes an already bad reputation for Cryptic, but now the Dev is washed in it too.

Further, do you not see a problem with a company that has a history of the same bugs re-emerging time and time again? Do you not see a problem with a company who's basically saying they're too cheap to enforce their own ToS in terms of griefing via exploits?

Again what does any of this have to do with either P2W (ie my forum handle) or forum moderation?
"professional conduct"... "quality of service"... all relative terms. Are we talking about "professional conduct" and "quality of service" of a Secret Service agent, or a garage mechanic?

Actually, don't answer that, it's a strawman argument. So are the claims about enforcing ToS, re-emergingbugs, etc. We're talking about this particular bug, I'm pretty sure, not creating red herrings or putting down soap boxes. Let's try to stay on topic.

But if you think anyone has violated any forum rules send a quick PM to a moderator, perhaps. I don't think devs are above the rules that govern other posters.

Edit:
Quote:
It has to do with Stahl having a history of (...) rubbing off on a Dev. (...) now the Dev is washed in it too.
Kinky!

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 11-21-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,495
# 30
11-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
"professional conduct"... "quality of service"... all relative terms. Are we talking about "professional conduct" and "quality of service" of a Secret Service agent, or a garage mechanic?

Actually, don't answer that, it's a strawman argument. So are the claims about enforcing ToS, re-emergingbugs, etc. We're talking about this particular bug, I'm pretty sure, not creating red herrings or putting down soap boxes. Let's try to stay on topic.

But if you think anyone has violated any forum rules send a quick PM to a moderator, perhaps. I don't think devs are above the rules that govern other posters.
We, as in you and I, are discussing how you've haven't addressed the substance of my initial post 1x and keep deflecting. We are discussing how your 1st post that quoted mine attacked my forum handle and my motives.

Let's review:

This bug like many others is re-emerging. It's germane to the topic of this specific exploit.

Using this bug is an exploit, the fact you can use the bug to equip Boff powers you couldn't otherwise speaks for itself.

The fact a Dev has stated they won't punish those who use it and goes on to lie and say it's not an exploit takes it to a whole new level.

The fact that there are rules against exploiting and griefing in the ToS makes the fact the Dev has stated they won't enforce the griefing and exploiting on this matter germane.

How Companys enforce their own rules is a matter of professionalism. How often game breaking bugs happen and re-emerge is a matter of QA/QC.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:41 PM.