Career Officer
# 1 Disappearing NPC Contact
11-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Mission Title: Life Absorbed
Author: @chaddy18
Project ID: ST-HLLM8HQEV
Map: Deck 3

Since the season 7 republish this map has now become incompletable. If you explore the map to do the additional tasks, the npc contact that is required to complete the map disappears and doesn't reappear when nearing the objective. This may be caused by moving too far away from the contact, but this didn't happen while it was published in season 6.

Last edited by chaddy18; 11-21-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Ensign
# 2
11-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Exact same thing happened to my mission, "Orion Trilogy, part 3: Rebellion"

Addendum: I've confirmed that it is a distance issue -- when you move too far away from NPCs and Contacts, they disappear and do not come back.

Last edited by commanderleeta; 11-27-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Captain
# 3
11-21-2012, 05:45 PM
I also have a missing npc in "The Return to Terra Nova." Spawn point is pretty far away from him, and he is nowhere to be found on the first level of the ziggarut. The ones on the second and third level are fine. It's not a big deal for this specific mission, but if it is affecting my other missions, then it's a big deal.

There is not a talk to him objective. He is just far away and nowhere to be found when I get close to him.
Ensign
# 4
11-21-2012, 06:22 PM
See my post in the other thread. It's a matter of distance. Move far enough away from any NPC (good, bad, or contact) and they disappear.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-21-2012, 07:13 PM
I also am having this happen, on my mission "Clean Sweep".

Is this happening exclusively on custom maps?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Keeping up with the J'sens
ID: ST-HRJGPHDQ7
Map The Wel'Cha Main Deck #1

Issue: Contact disappears after first interaction

Loading on the map, the first storyboard interaction is to speak with the captain. Once you do this a series of complete interactions are called by the storyboard. On completing those tasks, you are speak with the captain again, but the NPC disappears sometime between the initial interaction and your return.

Digging in the Past
ID: ST-HGE2R20B0
Map Havrashran Station

A NPC is supposed to become visible at the end of a combat sequence but is not spawning. This might be possible because the player is within a room interacting with consoles and does not have direct LOS on where the NPC spawns

Last edited by castsbugc; 11-21-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
11-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Seems Chaddy beat me to the mark. He was my posting about it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=459251
Career Officer
# 8
11-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Maybe it was a bad idea to publish a major patch right before a holiday weekend. The missions are all going to be broken for at least 5 days.

I really hope it's true that ratings are currently disabled.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 9
11-22-2012, 01:55 PM
I also have a missing npc in "Relics." My renaissance man is nowhere to be found on the alien ship. He is not in his stasis chamber.

This isn't an issue of distance for me. In both "Terra Nova" and "Relics" (and probably others that I have yet to check), the npc just isn't there. These are not npcs set to spawn or despawn. They don't have any tasks or objectives attached to them. They just aren't there.

Hopefully, it's an issue with the y value or something. "Relics" can still be completed, but it will confuse the player. The entire plot is about finding a guy in stasis, and now that guy is nowhere on the ship.

Yet another reason that I'm nervous about hitting that submit button. This is a spotlight. I need the ability to fix my mission when Cryptic breaks it or mucks it up.
Captain
# 10
11-22-2012, 03:09 PM
OK, yes this is a really terrible bug, and it does seem to be related to distance, although some of my npcs do not seem to have spawned at all.

Project: "The Needs of the Few" Third map is a compound with about 100 npcs. As I wander through it from end to end, npcs begin to disappear one by one, until there is not a single npc left in the compound.

The mission cannot be completed.

Some of the npcs never appear, like a preacher on a platform, although the crowd around him is there. Others disappear after I get out of range.

ST-HMXXUBCKU