Captain
# 31
11-30-2012, 11:02 AM
This is still broken. My npcs disappear post patch.

Example "The Needs of the Few" Project id posted earlier in the thread.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 32
11-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
This is still broken. My npcs disappear post patch.

Example "The Needs of the Few" Project id posted earlier in the thread.
Thanks for the report, KF. The team is investigating and working on another fix.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 33
11-30-2012, 12:01 PM
I can confirm that the patch did not work. NPCs still disappear, rendering missions incompletable. Perhaps missions just need to be republished... but Foundry editing is still down, so we can't get in to make changes and republish.
Captain
# 34
11-30-2012, 01:01 PM
OK, after testing on tribble.

The fix is working for a new project after hitting the publish button. The npcs are still disappearing on a ported version of my "Relics" on tribble. (and my Renaissance dude is missing on the alien ship).

I don't have any other missions on tribble.

"Coldsnapped" has access to that port, and could republish it to see if it fixes it for the old mission.

So, it looks like republishing may fix the issue.

Devs, if that is the case, you should really think about another auto-republish. This bug affects so many, many missions that relying on the authors (who are still here) will still leave a huge number of missions broken.

Authors, if you have a mission published on tribble, can you (just to confirm):

1. Play your already published mission and see if you can make an npc disappear.
2. Republish it to fix the problem.
Ensign
# 35
11-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I vote against another auto-republish. That would mean the Foundry would be down for another week, probably. I'd rather they just put the Foundry editor back online, and let us edit/republish our missions manually. As in, right away. Let us get to work.
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
11-30-2012, 01:15 PM
yeah.. just turn it on so we can fix / republish our missions please.
Captain
# 37
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderleeta View Post
I vote against another auto-republish. That would mean the Foundry would be down for another week, probably. I'd rather they just put the Foundry editor back online, and let us edit/republish our missions manually. As in, right away. Let us get to work.
You know, I change my mind. You're probably right. There will be a huge number that will never be manually republished by authors who are no longer here. But, they'll eventually get fixed next season.
Ensign
# 38 Foundry Missions now bugged?
11-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Ok so I am glad that the foundry missions are back online. We have been waiting to run my scenario I made just before the release of the season 7 that took out the foundry missions for fixing......

The mission worked perfectly before on accepting it. However since foundry was withdrawn and then opened back up...I select this mission and its like the first 5 steps of the quest are gone.

And the foundry editor still is not usable so I cannot heck what the issue is either.

This mission I made DID work...DID activate properly and have like 5 more steps at the start which tells you where to go to kick off the mission....just doesnt since they came back....

Also spawns keep dissapearing from the instance making it uncompletable

Last edited by asassinx0; 11-30-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Captain
# 39
12-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asassinx0 View Post
Ok so I am glad that the foundry missions are back online. We have been waiting to run my scenario I made just before the release of the season 7 that took out the foundry missions for fixing......

The mission worked perfectly before on accepting it. However since foundry was withdrawn and then opened back up...I select this mission and its like the first 5 steps of the quest are gone.

And the foundry editor still is not usable so I cannot heck what the issue is either.

This mission I made DID work...DID activate properly and have like 5 more steps at the start which tells you where to go to kick off the mission....just doesnt since they came back....

Also spawns keep dissapearing from the instance making it uncompletable
What do you mean about the "first 5 steps?" If you have the mission in your journal as "in progress" and you re-hail the mission, it won't show you the full set of popups between the hail and the door.
Lieutenant
# 40
12-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I just tried to run "Checks and Balances" and the Preservers don't appear at the end after defeating the soldiers at the obelisk.