Captain
# 11
11-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Wait...foundry is back up?

Oh this is good news, I can finally play some interesting missions again.

15 mins per mission is fine as far as I'm concerned, the missions I usually play easily last over an hour. And another thing to bear in mind is that you play these missions to enjoy the stories the authors tell you, the reward is at best a nice bonus.

The old system was an exploit and it was badly abused, even though I'm guilty of using it myself I'm glad it's been fixed.
Career Officer
# 12
11-21-2012, 05:09 PM
This really is the problem with user generated content in games. Nevermind the traditional 90% crap/10% good issue - if it gives rewards then its going to be an exploit generator. I'd argue that taking out rewards might be the best solution, although a bit too draconian for my tastes.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Lieutenant
# 13
11-21-2012, 05:15 PM
I liked the foundry missions (the actual missions, not the one-clickers), and have done a bunch of them. Some of them are better than the episode missions.

But, I don't want to do a total of three full length missions that have no rewards, plus no real drops from mobs, all for just 1440 dil. What I'd do, when I wanted to do a foundry mission, was do a real mission and two of the quick and easy ones. There are plenty of missions that give out 1.4k dil, so that seemed fair.

But now you have do three missions for the reward of one? Yeah, that's not so fair. I can't help but suspect that it won't just be the quick and easy daily dil missions that are going to get played a lot less with this change.

Also, it's funny how Cryptic keeps going on and on about how their goal was to get more dil into the hands of the average player, and the first thing they did in season 7 was cut a ton of sources of dil.
Career Officer
# 14
11-21-2012, 05:18 PM
The OP and those who are like the OP is the problem with this game... not the seasons. Yea they had a misstep this season, but they realized it and they are fixing it. (Notice they mentioned the data they gathered... not all the rude posts...)

Don't be mad because you were gaming the system and got shut down.... it's like complaining when they stopped the Voldemort exploit... ("now I can't fly with two shields, this season sucks this is BS").....

Go play somewhere else...
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Career Officer
# 15
11-21-2012, 05:18 PM
d'oh - posted my reply in the wrong tab >_<
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Career Officer
# 16
11-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbenamage View Post
But now you have do three missions for the reward of one? Yeah, that's not so fair. I can't help but suspect that it won't just be the quick and easy daily dil missions that are going to get played a lot less with this change.

Also, it's funny how Cryptic keeps going on and on about how their goal was to get more dil into the hands of the average player, and the first thing they did in season 7 was cut a ton of sources of dil.
Well, they want a certain time/risk vs reward ratio, and that's likely difficult to balance with the nature of the Foundry. Certainly, they don't want you doing one mission and getting the reward of 3 (or more). They have tried to increase rewards in official/regulated activities they have far more control of.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
11-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom43 View Post
Explain way we cant do quicky mission on the foundry this is just dumb as hell if we cant do quicky This is such BS
"Quicky" missions ruined the community-authored stuff in City of Heroes. I don't want that to repeat here.

The fact that you can no longer farm endless dilithium on your hordes of toons means my correctly earned dilithium is now worth more ZEN. I have zero empathy for your problem and the fact you won't use it hurts no one but you.

I grow tired of people who feel the universe revolves around them.
Commander
# 18
11-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Hmm...why can't we do quickie missions for dil anymore....Could be because....it was kinda crappy and a big middle finger to those who did REAL (read: missions with more content than a one click "I WIN" button) foundry missions.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Career Officer
# 19
11-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbenamage View Post
Before Season 7, I would get close to 20k dil daily with the clickers officer report, most of my friends online made roughly 2k in about the same time playing missions that awarded dil. Now, we all earn roughly the same amount of dil for the same amount of time played. So yeah, statisticly, the average player now earn as much dil as us non-average player.

Now, the OP, two questions, Was the foundry missions ultimate goal to provide easy Dil, or was it to allow players to create and play user generated content?? Do you think the Officer Report mission was created to provide you with an easy source of dilithium? or was it created as an incentive to have players play foundry missions?

I for one will be happy to go back to the foundry to work on my missions, I found it kind of sad, that I got more dilithium tips from my clickies than a fleshed out mission.

- - - Edit - - -

On a final note, please petition for the creation of a newly daily Cryptic mission that gives out Dilithium just for loggin in, but please don't drag foundry missions into that. Foundry missions deserve recognition and deserve to be played and be rewarded.

Last edited by deyvad; 11-21-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
11-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Hmm...why can't we do quickie missions for dil anymore....Could be because....it was kinda crappy and a big middle finger to those who did REAL (read: missions with more content than a one click "I WIN" button) foundry missions.
Exactly, I found the posts to be highly offensive to foundry authors.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?