Career Officer
# 21
11-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savnoka View Post
"Quicky" missions ruined the community-authored stuff in City of Heroes. I don't want that to repeat here.

The fact that you can no longer farm endless dilithium on your hordes of toons means my correctly earned dilithium is now worth more ZEN. I have zero empathy for your problem and the fact you won't use it hurts no one but you.

I grow tired of people who feel the universe revolves around them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Hmm...why can't we do quickie missions for dil anymore....Could be because....it was kinda crappy and a big middle finger to those who did REAL (read: missions with more content than a one click "I WIN" button) foundry missions.
Yeah, the AE babies were definitely a problem. Unable to actually play the game with any basic competency, horrible builds that would never actually work in the real game, constantly spamming the chat channels, cluttering up the AE with stupid PL missions, etc.

I feel some sympathy for players who've been there/seen that and are trying to power-level past "the boring bits," but they're also the ones who will find the most efficient routes regardless of exploit usage. But, then, the AE's rewards were NOT comparable to Dilithium...
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Captain
# 22
11-21-2012, 05:53 PM
I played the clickies but only when on a time crunch. I actually loved the UFP/Nagus dailies the most when I had twenty minutes. They were also a fantastic way to test out new weapons and configurations without getting blown to smithereens. And dilithium to boot.

The fifteen minute requirement is a little long. Ten is much more reasonable, but there should be a balance.

I would love to play more foundry missions, I don't because if I want to advance, I need to grind dilithium. If I didn't have to grind dilithium, I'd be able to do more foundry missions...and develop an alt.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Captain
# 23
11-21-2012, 06:25 PM
The New way is just stupid be cause there is only a certain timer now you can not even do a 5 min one.

Yes you can play all of them but the matter of fact here is that you will not get the credit too the Daily officer reports.

I any case they keep giving us less and less Dilithium.Witch is all most total Bs.

Look At STF's for instance they gave us less for elites and then made them three times harder too complete them with very little reward in return.This is the major issue that is the real problem.
Career Officer
# 24
11-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom43 View Post
Explain way we cant do quicky mission on the foundry this is just dumb as hell if we cant do quicky This is such BS
What do you mean by quicky?

You mean the one click get it all done.

They already said that was not the intended play for the mission. which is why they changed it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
11-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Only a blithering idiot would fail to see that the daily was designed to encourage people to play proper foundry missions. Whilst the clickies existed people could boost their dilithium earnings. Rather than complain about the clickie being taken away (as it should have been) be thankful that you could do it for so long.

Long live proper foundry missions with actual stories!!
Career Officer
# 26
11-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Only a blithering idiot would fail to see that the daily was designed to encourage people to play proper foundry missions. Whilst the clickies existed people could boost their dilithium earnings. Rather than complain about the clickie being taken away (as it should have been) be thankful that you could do it for so long.

Quoted for truth. Honestly, they need to work out a system that monitors rewards being given out in a completely out of whack rate. Maybe they should look at MARTy for inspiration?

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/MARTy
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Lieutenant
DaStahl's observation and my response on the new "ineligible" foundry missions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl
The number of players that were earning 1440 dilithium on all of their ALTs by running simple Foundry missions (ie - click one thing on Earth Space Dock) and then selling that Dilithium to the exchange, then buying it back on their main forced us to make this change.

If you want the 1440 Dilithium from the Foundry daily - you must play a Foundry mission that "qualifies" - meaning it has to be at least 15 minutes of gameplay.

We've held off on making this change in the hopes that players would police the simple missions and have them removed - but it just didn't happen.

If we had a better solution for the Foundry daily, we would go with it - but for now - Sorry you have to play at least a 15 minute long mission.

We will look into increasing the reward if the average length of Foundry missions that players are playing is greater than 15 minutes - but we're waiting to see if players will stop using these missions as an "easy" way to get Dilithium.

MY RESPONSE:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute. It's not one 15 minute long foundry mission , it's THREE. The foundry just came up today and I immediately went to try an investigate officer reports mission because our fleet is sorely in need of fleet marks since the opening of season 7. I have invested over 45 minutes at this point and still am in need of one more foundry mission to complete the investigate off reports daily. I'm sorry but an extra hour of foundry missions every day is NOT what anybody should be forced to do to obtain a measly 50 fleet marks.
The investigate officer report daily was/is CRUCIAL to fleets(especially small or medium size fleets) to obtain the outrageous fleet mark requirements for fleet projects and upgrades. It was also crucial that the 3 foundry missions not take up a tremendous amount of time as there are a myriad of other responsibilities and items that need to be procured to advance the fleet.
By instituting this "15 minute minimum" qualification time for foundry missions to qualify for investigate officer reports daily, you are A. Finding another way to slowly drain the life out of the fleet system. B. adding another annoying grindfest facet to the STO gameplay experience. & C. Subconsciously creating animosity towards the the whole foundry system and foundry writers - foundry projects are supposed to be a way that player/members can express their creative talents and showcase them to the general STO community. Foundry projects SHOULD be a way for the community to enjoy the fruits of other members imaginations and, ultimately, become a treasure trove of content that can possibly be pulled into the STO cannon at a later date if said missions are of high quality. I thoroughly enjoy taking my spare STO time and perusing the foundry to find mission descriptions that seem appealing to me and playing said missions. By FORCING me to have to MAKE time daily and require me to play 3 LONG foundry missions; you're only succeeding in making the foundry seem like a grinding daily chore to me. Eventually I and others will not see the foundry missions as a useful creative outlet and tool, but, rather, something to disdain as an additional daily headache.

Either return investigate daily officer reports to it's previous season 6 structure OR change the requirement for investigate officer reports from 3 foundry missions to only one(that is fair) - otherwise you risk slowly destroying both the foundry and the fleet system in one fell swoop.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
11-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey, markarich, why don't you write down every other system you'd like to exploit. We'll then all write a letter to PWE on your behalf just so you can dodge the regular game mechanics.
Empire Veteran
# 29
11-21-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm still seeing clicky missions that count for the daily. This system isn't as full-proof as they thought. They need to go back and re-look at some things again.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Ensign
# 30
11-22-2012, 03:49 PM
I really like the idea of 1 decent foundry mission (15 mins or so) to get the reward. As things stand now, you are looking at 45-60 mins.

Cryptic have shown they are willing to listen to the players by making further changes to the economy/reward system. Lets hope they properly consider this so we can dispense with the 1 click missions AND make foundry missions worthwhile from the average players point of view.