Career Officer
Make it easier to get per character, then close the loophole that allows players to move it from one character to another through the exchange.

Until then it's NEVER going to be equal and you're just going to screw of legit / casual players.

Stop the ability for people to farm dilithium on 25 alts and then move it through the exchange to transfer it.

Of course...we all still know...it has never been about leveling the playing filed.
Captain
# 2
11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
nothing keeping you from having 25 alts.. also keep in mind those alts cost zen.
also just because you have 25 alts doesn't magically make you king of dilithium.
you have to actually play them..
Career Officer
# 3
11-21-2012, 03:56 PM
I think the problem is that if you take out the loophole, then Zen could become a per-character thing. You'll have Account Zen, and Character Zen. What happens if you stop using a character? Is the Zen then trapped, bound to that character?

Honestly, though, even if you were to close the loophole, there will be players who will still make far more Dilithium than others because there'll be players who don't bother earning the stuff and buy it (money rich), and those who can max out their earning/refining (time rich), with everyone else in between.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Career Officer
# 4
11-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
nothing keeping you from having 25 alts.. also keep in mind those alts cost zen.
also just because you have 25 alts doesn't magically make you king of dilithium.
you have to actually play them..
Yep. I can get between 2k-4k per character (depending on how lazy I feel) via DOFFs, and with just 3 characters I can buy a Master Key every 2-3 days.

If they were to take out the transfer loophole, I'd appreciate them lifting the refinement limit a bit. Granted, it wouldn't directly benefit me since I seldom hit the refinement limit, but whatever.

I can't really see myself buying $60+ worth of additional slots and playing all of them. I mean, jeez, that would turn into a full-time job right there (although I suspect the example is more a case of hyperbole).
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.