Captain
In case you forum-goers haven't heard, the description for the Starship Inertial Dampers skill is incorrect. The descriptions states, "You will be disabled for much less time by abilities like Viral Matrix" yet in reality this skill does not debuff or affect Viral Matrix in any way. I have spec'ed 6 points into this skill on many of my toons because Viral Matrix is such an annoying ability to be hit with, especially when it is chained. Now come to find out this skill is useless for the purpose that I chose it for, and I want to put those skill points elsewhere in a more useful category, that is hopefully properly described.

I do not feel I should have to pay for an error that Cryptic made, and respec tokens cost money/zen. If I ordered a steak and they brought me a chicken liver, I would not be expected to pay for the chicken liver, just as I do not believe we should have to pay to respec due to a mistake made by the company providing a paid service.

Cryptic, will you please take responsibility for your actions and provide everyone with a free respec token?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=71
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick0 View Post
So what exactly does Inertial Dampers do? The tooltip says "you will be disabled for much less time from abilities like Viral Matrix" - is this working or not?
Bah. That's a description error, and thanks for pointing it out! We'll fix it asap.

The type of Disable that Inertial Dampers protects from is used by powers like Photonic Shockwave, Tricobalt Torpedoes and Magnetometric Overload.
edit: Oops, I made a mistake in the title name. But don't worry, I'm not going to charge you 5 bucks for it.

Last edited by skurf; 11-21-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 2
11-21-2012, 03:59 PM
subsystem repair used to work for that. wonder what it got merged into. but the name of the skill alone should have been a giveaway.... inertia has to do with movement. why would a movement modifying skill stop subsystem debuff powers?
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 3
11-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
subsystem repair used to work for that. wonder what it got merged into. but the name of the skill alone should have been a giveaway.... inertia has to do with movement. why would a movement modifying skill stop subsystem debuff powers?
I see, so it's the consumer's fault for believing what the product description states? There's a reason "snake oil" sales tactics are illegal.
Lieutenant
# 4
11-21-2012, 04:17 PM
I kinda get the feeling that these text errors are getting out of hand. Whether it's called a copy and paste error (see http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=458941), or maybe the items don't actually do whats listed like the borg space weapons.... someone needs to take responsibility and fix these errors. I think the devs get ahead of themselves and things are missed, but never addressed soon after...so what we are left with is a bunch of little errors that are pilling up and it makes the game functionally sloppy.....I don't want to have to go to someone else's wiki to get the correct info on the item I'm looking at in-game.
Captain
# 5
11-21-2012, 04:31 PM
i think hardly any of the skills do what they say they do..
most of the descriptions are so cryptic that nobody knows what they do..

a lot of them make it sound like more is better and dont even say they have a hard cap.. like hull plating.

they make it like this so you have to play around with it to find out.. then you realize it didnt do what you thought it should and make you pay 5$
Captain
# 6
11-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
i think hardly any of the skills do what they say they do..
most of the descriptions are so cryptic that nobody knows what they do..

a lot of them make it sound like more is better and dont even say they have a hard cap.. like hull plating.

they make it like this so you have to play around with it to find out.. then you realize it didnt do what you thought it should and make you pay 5$
At some point you have to wonder if they're doing this on purpose to sell more respec tokens or if it's just gross negligence. Either way, it's costing me money because of a mistake they made, which is unethical at a minimum, and downright illegal if they are doing this on purpose.