Lt. Commander
# 1 Know what I hate?
11-26-2012, 05:39 AM
Deepspace Encounters. I can sit there at the enemy's spawn points and leave for a while and I'll obliterate everything - sometimes four Klingon capital ships and a few support ships - I can even hold my own against the Romulan flagship and its supports and sometimes even the Scimitar and my shields won't even budge (on the Klingon ones) but when I face down a few birds of prey in P2P or on a mission, I'm toast.
Career Officer
# 2
11-26-2012, 05:56 AM
Unlike most content, Deepspace encounters do not scale to your level, that's why you can crush them so easily. Try the encounters in the new sector, they are max level.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-26-2012, 05:59 AM
I like the Deep Space Encounters not level matching, it means I can take my defiant with only quad cannons equiped and fly around like a lunatic blowing space ships up.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
I like the Deep Space Encounters not level matching, it means I can take my defiant with only quad cannons equiped and fly around like a lunatic blowing space ships up.
BATTLE!

I love that!
Captain
# 5
11-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
Unlike most content, Deepspace encounters do not scale to your level, that's why you can crush them so easily. Try the encounters in the new sector, they are max level.
This. You have to look at what level the NPC ships are at. . .even then, some scenarios have innately tougher ships (such as No-win, STFs, etc).