Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Elite Gear
11-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Could somebody place a link to a screenshot of elite space shields/engines and deflector?

Do you use elite gear? Has is made an effect on your game play?
Career Officer
# 2
11-20-2012, 09:20 AM
I can show you the shields and deflectors when I get home from work, if no one else has. The shields are just like the Advanced shields, but they're only [cap]x2 and in return they gain the [Adapt] mod just like Elite ground shields (and just like the Aegis 3-piece set).

The deflectors have several odd modifiers; but their primary draw is a 10% reduction in the cooldown of science powers.

I won't be able to screenshot the Elite engines for another nine days or so, but they're like the Advanced engines with one less modifier (x2 instead of x3), and they gain the efficient trait (just like the efficient engine that's a mission reward).
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-20-2012, 11:23 AM
If you would - that would be excellent !
Career Officer
# 4
11-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Here's a small gallery. I didn't screenshot the tooltip of every one, but it's a representative sample.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Here's a small gallery. I didn't screenshot the tooltip of every one, but it's a representative sample.
Thanks for showing that actually, those are really quite nice actually. The Deflectors are VERY interesting and unique, that is for sure.

Community Moderator
# 6
11-21-2012, 12:52 AM
Yeah, some of those Deflectors could be quite nice in the hands of a science ship

I find myself wondering whether the Elite Weapons will be better than the Advanced trash
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 7
11-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Yeah, some of those Deflectors could be quite nice in the hands of a science ship

I find myself wondering whether the Elite Weapons will be better than the Advanced trash
Apparently, the deflectors reduce the CD of science *Captain* powers as well. I haven't tested that myself.

I assume the Elite weapons will lose one [Dmg] mod and gain something cool and wacky. My money is on a [Proc] mod that doubles the chance of a special effect.