Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
Thinking about buying some during the sale.
Ensign
# 2
11-22-2012, 03:18 AM
Almost all of them actually, but you can't go wrong with any of the BoP. That's a subspace jumper, or a set of quad cannons. The nausicaan ship with the plasmonic leech is also good. I hear good things about the theta radiation as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-22-2012, 03:18 AM
Vandal destroyer for the plasmonic leech console.

The top end fleet DHC's are arguably better than the quad cannons as they do not drain engine power.

Last edited by harrymonkley; 11-22-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Captain
# 4
11-22-2012, 03:23 AM
Vandal for Plasmonic Leech.

Kar'fi Battle Carrier

There are a couple other decent ones(ie Guramba), but they've been outclassed by Fleet ships at this point
Commander
# 5
11-23-2012, 01:23 AM
The Garumba is definuitly worth it.

Problem is all new Fed ships are better than then KDF ships. And Feds are the only ones to get new ships.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-23-2012, 02:21 AM
I bought the B'rel retrofit because I'm a sucker for that classic bird-of-prey look.

Edit I also bought the Vandal destroyer for the plasmonic leach and the Vorkang? The Vorcha refit for the isometric charge. I also bought the To'duj fighter because there are a couple missions where you need to fly a shuttle or small craft and to hell with doing that in a crappy standard shuttle.
Captain
# 7
11-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
I bought the B'rel retrofit because I'm a sucker for that classic bird-of-prey look.
B'rel is a beauty - but she is made out of tinfoil
Career Officer
# 8
11-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
I also bought the To'duj fighter because there are a couple missions where you need to fly a shuttle or small craft and to hell with doing that in a crappy standard shuttle.
My thoughts exactly.

At first the fighter was trickier to fight in with the 45 degree firing zone. Now...with the Jem'Hadar 360 degree beam weapon mounted, I love it!

Looks much better than a shuttle.
Captain
# 9
11-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Vandal for the Plasmonic Leech console.
To'duj as a small craft unless you've already got access to another(veteran, lock box, etc.).
Kar'fi if you like carriers. (I would also reccomend the Orion ships to unlock their Interceptor and Drain Drones - they're both quite excellent.)

The Bio-Neutral warhead of the Qorgh Refit is an interesting weapon. It's an actual torpedo/cruise missile(not a console) with a 15km firing range and a built-in point-defense system that can take out fighters or keep a collapsed shield facing down before impact. Usually hits for about 15k on a naked hull. The ship, itself, is obviously a bit forgettable though(and the ship costume parts have a weird animation glitch on warp-out when you try to mix and match). It's a fun toy, although it will obviously get outclassed at the upper-end.

The Aceton Assimilator of the Draguas is a very powerful console - especially when combined with Gravity Well. The Barrier Field Generator of the Phalanx is.. an okay console, but it's very situational(it can eat a blast from the Donatra, for example, but the barrier works both ways - like the ground-based engineer one.) Don't bother with the Varanus unless you really like the style of the ship or want a ship with innate science abilities; the repair platform is subpar and not worth the console slot, imo.

If you prefer the 'park it and blast away' playstyle, the Guramba and Bortasqu' both work quite nicely.

Can't speak much for the BoPs.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Thank you for this post. I did need some stuff on my Klingon side.