Career Officer
"The personal Reputation System is a way for players to earn reputation with different factions or groups within Star Trek Online. Its general setup is similar to the Fleet Advancement System - By completing projects requiring faction-specific marks and various other resources, the player can advance through five tiers per faction, unlocking new items and abilities that are specific to that faction or group."

Taken from Stowiki.

Now: Do I have to do the projects in order to gain reputation, or can I simply do the romulan missions etc to progress through the Romulan Rep system?
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Career Officer
# 2
11-21-2012, 12:06 PM
You have to do projects to progress. Playing the Romulan missions will earn you Romulan Marks which are required (in small quantities) to do the projects.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 3
11-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
You have to do projects to progress. Playing the Romulan missions will earn you Romulan Marks which are required (in small quantities) to do the projects.

So in short, you earn marks, but you buy reputation. Too bad, I guess I'll have plenty of marks if I ever decide to do the projects then
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Captain
# 4
11-22-2012, 09:48 AM
For borg and omega marks you will be able to convert them to dilithium.

If you have romulan marks lying around there is no reason to not level up the rom rep, no other use for them anyway