Ensign
# 1 First Contact Day Question
04-04-2014, 11:59 PM
So while flying up to the Enterprise I noticed that it does not have the name "Enterprise" on the ship.

It says the U.S.S. Odyssey
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-05-2014, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorion9 View Post
So while flying up to the Enterprise I noticed that it does not have the name "Enterprise" on the ship.

It says the U.S.S. Odyssey
ist way back when they first released the Flagships for Feds (Odyssey Class) and KDF (Bortesque class.....Botched the spelling but you get the point)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 3
04-05-2014, 01:48 AM
I just ran the mission to check. I zoomed in close on the saucer, and I clearly saw the name was correct.

U.S.S. Enterprise
NCC-1701-F

In fact, the only problem I saw was that registry number. It was stretched into an awkward V shape that made it almost unreadable.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2014, 03:21 AM
I also saw it as Enterprise when in drydock before I went aboard, but it changed to Odyssey when I looked at it while in control of it. Others have reported it reverting to Enterprise at some later point while they were flying it, but that hasn't happened during any of my runs through the mission.
Captain
# 6
04-05-2014, 08:00 PM
It does indeed say the 1701-F on it and the name Enterprise.I found it doesn't use the nacalle phasers like the Oddeys do.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 7
04-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anodynes View Post
I also saw it as Enterprise when in drydock before I went aboard, but it changed to Odyssey when I looked at it while in control of it. Others have reported it reverting to Enterprise at some later point while they were flying it, but that hasn't happened during any of my runs through the mission.
I saw this myself.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-06-2014, 06:36 AM
most likely this error comes from the 3rd anniversary mission where we fly the experimental odyssey, probably some code from that mission came to use in this mission, and thats where the buggerups with the name come in.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Commander
# 9
04-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
most likely this error comes from the 3rd anniversary mission where we fly the experimental odyssey, probably some code from that mission came to use in this mission, and thats where the buggerups with the name come in.
Wasn't that the 2nd anniversary?

I Support the Jupiter & Typhoon classes as playable ships! (As do about 185 other Supporters)