Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,672
Hello, it was a long, long time ago, when Cryptic sold so-called "ship costumes" in the C-Store. Basically they were a set of new parts similar to what you currently get with every T2-T4 C-Store ship purchase just without the actual ship and console. Those old costume are now only available on fleet ships. But since the Romulans were released it seems that they are needed again.
First of all there's the Ha'nom Guardian Warbird. While I appreciate that the Ha'pax isn't the only free choice at T5 like in the early LoR beta and I like the style of the ship selling its dual-vector assault mode halves as science ship and escort works better for the Ha'feh than for the Ha'nom. It's painfully obvious that the Ha'nom is hollowed out so something can fit into the bottom. I would definitely buy a costume pack that makes the Ha'nom look whole.
Secondly there are tons of ships that currently can't get mirror universe skins, namely all the retrofits and many fleet retrofits. They can't be given away as cheap mirror universe lockbox ships since people pay 2000-2500 Zen for them while the mirror ships are worth 50k EC on the exchange, so ship material packs would be great. For ships like the Defiant, Galaxy etc. as well as the amazing mirror universe Romulan ship material for T'varo, Mogai and D'deridex.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 583
# 2
09-03-2013, 05:41 AM
+1 to additional customization and reasonably suggestive use of the candy store.

Be careful what you wish for though, LoR broke a lot of the existing customization, and I don't know if tossing wood into the fire will put that mess out.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,231
# 3
09-03-2013, 06:16 AM
As I understand it, they didn't sell very well. Thus, they were rolled into the fleet system and taken out of the store.

I would be surprised if they added some new ones after already deeming previous attempts to be a failure. (I was really pleased when they added all the wing options to the Dhelen though.)
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 212
# 4
09-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
As I understand it, they didn't sell very well. Thus, they were rolled into the fleet system and taken out of the store.

I would be surprised if they added some new ones after already deeming previous attempts to be a failure. (I was really pleased when they added all the wing options to the Dhelen though.)

I actually know quite a few people (myself included) that own all of the ship costumes. It's nice ot haev a couple of extra choices.
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,672
# 5
09-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreign View Post
+1 to additional customization and reasonably suggestive use of the candy store.

Be careful what you wish for though, LoR broke a lot of the existing customization, and I don't know if tossing wood into the fire will put that mess out.
Heh, maybe they'll start fixing things if they are broken enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
As I understand it, they didn't sell very well. Thus, they were rolled into the fleet system and taken out of the store.

I would be surprised if they added some new ones after already deeming previous attempts to be a failure. (I was really pleased when they added all the wing options to the Dhelen though.)
My personal guess is that the old costumes didn't have that many fans. Lots of pointy bits and sharp edges. Still, it's strange that they now give them away for free with fleet ships (I'm pretty sure that people buy those for the stats and not the costumes) and bundle all new costumes up. Nice if you are a fan of the Rhode Island and have a good fleet. Very annoying if you just want different warp nacelles on your Aventine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshadow9498 View Post
I actually know quite a few people (myself included) that own all of the ship costumes. It's nice ot haev a couple of extra choices.
I have two, even though I don't use them anymore.

Cryptic still does sell costumes, they are just bundled up. Okay, they could do the same as with the Sovereign and sell a same-tier version with a different BO layout, a special console and a costume. But that would mean that it would cost 2000 Zen, and that's a bit much just for better looks.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 597
# 6
09-04-2013, 03:20 PM
It depends on what they make. If they made the Constellation class as a skin for the T3 cruisers, you can bet they would sell well.

Making non-canon, often goofy looking ship skins and then being suprised that they don't sell? Not such a great idea. Stick to STAR TREK and the Star Trek fans will buy it.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,845
# 7
09-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
It depends on what they make. If they made the Constellation class as a skin for the T3 cruisers, you can bet they would sell well.

Making non-canon, often goofy looking ship skins and then being suprised that they don't sell? Not such a great idea. Stick to STAR TREK and the Star Trek fans will buy it.
Agreed.

*Looks at Imperial skin*

I'm kinda glad that one is restricted to the FACR. I think that eyesore is my least favorite ship skin, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.