Lt. Commander
situation now: each char you have has a cap of 8k dilithium to refine, which is reached very quickly, after that you can either: play further and waste mission rewads or logon to another char, you maybe actually dont want to play, but you do to gain more dilithium.

my suggestion: why not make the dilithium cap somewhat account wide, measured on the chars you actually have:

an acc with one char will have a cap of 8k, an acc with 2 chars will be able to refine 16k, with what char soever. an acc with three chars will be able to refine 24k each day.

just make it independend from the char. im now having great fun with the scimitar, but after 1h i have to play a different char because im at the chars cap. (farming above that will just result in excessive unrefined dilithium) so i dont loose dilithium.
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-03-2013, 02:49 AM
so in principle you want moar dil as fast as possible, don't you?
This will not be good for dil exchange

Besides, a restriction per days means you need to leave your computer and go outside and enjoy sun and flowers instead of trapped in room and suffer from teenage/middle age obesity.
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Lt. Commander
# 3
07-03-2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
so in principle you want moar dil as fast as possible, don't you?
This will not be good for dil exchange

Besides, a restriction per days means you need to leave your computer and go outside and enjoy sun and flowers instead of trapped in room and suffer from teenage/middle age obesity.
You didn't actually read his post, did you? Or you'd know that his suggestion makes no difference to how fast/how many dilithium can be earned compared to how it is now. It's just a little quality of life change he suggests.
Captain
# 4
07-03-2013, 03:19 AM
not gonna happen. cryptic would loose money.

how many players do you think, not know about the fact that you can transfer dil?
and how much money they wont loose because people dont want to play another char, over their favoured one, making one char not maxing out its cap?

the idea is nice, but it will not happen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-03-2013, 03:24 AM
correct. now you can refine 8k per char. if you have 8 chars, you can refine 8x8k so 64k a day already. but you are forced to play certain chars. if the first char is up to 8k, youll have to switch to the next char etc.

the only difference i suggest is, that i can earn it with whatever char i want. so the amount of dili refined is still linked to the chars you actually have (to supply), but you are no longer forced to play certain chars.

an example: my acc now has these 8 chars. i barely are able to play all 8 to be honest, but i manage to reach lets say ... 3-4 chars. which is 24-32k dili, i dont do that on a daily basis however. but what i find dissapointing is, that i can play 3 missions with my favorite char, this time the scimitar char, and then i HAVE to switch to another char. i would just like to be able to farm with her, cause at the moment its fun to play this char. but no i have to switch.

the cap should be acc wide, based on the chars you have (not charslots, actual chars! maybe even actual chars on maxlvl?!). and you can earn refine the dilithium with whatever char you want. maybe a diminishing return above 5 chars would be okay too. (so first chars add up to 5x 8k, then its decreasing at 2k per additional char) so its 40k+6k+4k+2k+0 = 52k maximum acc wide dilithium.

hm. that may be a point. but they could limit it as i suggested. the cap of 8k is VERY narrow if you have a char you like its like playing 2 stfs and done for the day.
Captain
# 6
07-03-2013, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davideight View Post
correct. now you can refine 8k per char. if you have 8 chars, you can refine 8x8k so 64k a day already. but you are forced to play certain chars. if the first char is up to 8k, youll have to switch to the next char etc.

the only difference i suggest is, that i can earn it with whatever char i want. so the amount of dili refined is still linked to the chars you actually have (to supply), but you are no longer forced to play certain chars.

an example: my acc now has these 8 chars. i barely are able to play all 8 to be honest, but i manage to reach lets say ... 3-4 chars. which is 24-32k dili, i dont do that on a daily basis however. but what i find dissapointing is, that i can play 3 missions with my favorite char, this time the scimitar char, and then i HAVE to switch to another char. i would just like to be able to farm with her, cause at the moment its fun to play this char. but no i have to switch.

the cap should be acc wide, based on the chars you have (not charslots, actual chars! maybe even actual chars on maxlvl?!). and you can earn refine the dilithium with whatever char you want. maybe a diminishing return above 5 chars would be okay too. (so first chars add up to 5x 8k, then its decreasing at 2k per additional char) so its 40k+6k+4k+2k+0 = 52k maximum acc wide dilithium.

hm. that may be a point. but they could limit it as i suggested. the cap of 8k is VERY narrow if you have a char you like its like playing 2 stfs and done for the day.
the problem is, that to maximize the effectiveness of getting dil on multiple chars, you need to pay for items multiple times.

your favourite char is probably max lvl, with max everything.

your other chars?
might be max lvl, might not be. it would be harder to get dilithium for them.
why would you play them, if you created them only for dil grind (because it is a q the devs asked themselves, cause its a potential exploit).
you just get a new char, maybe power level them to 50, and boom, your fav char would unlock the ability to grind 8k more dil.

there is no incentive on your new char, to play it, if you created it for dil grind. you wont buy stuff for it, you wont log into it.

while with the current system:
you gotta log in - nicer stats for cryptic
you gotta play with it - even nicer stats for cryptic
you gotta earn stuff with it - you will want to buy stuff for that char, to maximize the grind - more money for cryptic

your solution would be user friendly, and would lead to Cryptic losing money.

and Cryptic usually does not implement user friendly things, even when it would make no loss to them, only a day or so from one dev, to change it in the code :S
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Captain
# 7
07-03-2013, 04:43 AM
if they do anything with the dil cap they will probably try and lower it.. probably without telling anyone.
they want that stuff to be very hard to get in quantity, and worth the most to players.. so they buy it with zen. its how they make money
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 8
07-03-2013, 07:03 AM
KDF Defense x8 characters ftw.

Also if they're worried about caps, they should have a c-store unlock for a dili increase from 8k per char per day, to 10-12k. You're talking 25-50% more for a one time buy of say 10$ worth of zen.

x8 characters, ftw
Captain
# 9
07-03-2013, 07:17 AM
The drawback - in my opinion - to the suggestion of linking your refinement cap to your number of characters is a simple one.

It's too easy to abuse. Someone could just create a bunch of characters they have no intent to ever use for the sole purpose of raising their refinement cap. In response, Cryptic would have to do something such as having characters be automatically deleted if they're not used for say, six months, or possibly made 'inactive' if they're not used for a period of time and so they would no longer provide the cap increase. Thus, a player would still have to log on to their different characters, maybe not every day, but still on a regular basis to keep those characters active.

End result; nothing really changes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-03-2013, 07:50 AM
its really interesting how nobody ready a post to the end.

i said: there should be a limitation of increase. it should be maxed out at some point.

at the moment there are plenty of players with somewhat 20 chars, just to grind dilithium. its already possible to have a HUGE amount of silithium per day, the only difference is, that now you have to switch chars.

-
i just want to end THIS one and only fact - to a CERTAIN amount. because 8k dilithium cap is extremely narrow

to remind you of what i suggested:

the acc wide dilithium cap should be:

measured by number of chars x 8k, these chars should be maxlvl to count.

the capincrease of acc wide dili refining is also capped itself by this: the first 3 (-5, depending what cryptic senses be fair) maxlvl chars count full, so 8k+8k+8k, the following chars would add up with a decrease of 2k per char, so 6k, 4k,2k,zero this would add up to 36k dilithium refining cap acc wide maximum.

this would: make it more valuable to play a char, without having the feeling to be forced to switch just because the cap is reached.
2nd: it would also prevent the already possible exploitation of dilithium cap by accounts that already having about 20chars, each one able to refine 8k dilithium.

the only change i want is, that i dont get punished for liking my main char because after 2-3 stfs it feels stupid to play a char that cant refine dilithium anymore.