Ensign
I have a question/request to ask of the game DEV, My husband who is also our Fleets leader passed away and the fleet would like to get some kind of satalite outside our star base with his toon name on it to honor him.

i know this is a unusual request but it would be greately appricaited
Career Officer
# 2
11-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Wow, sorry for your loss. I would be nice if fleet starbases, space and ground had more customization. I know they said they want to do it one day.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-18-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Ensign
# 3
11-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Thank you, our fleet is like really big family it hit everyone very hard.. and we really wanted something to honor him.. we renamed the fleet from Brotherhood to Seltek's Brotherhood to honor him and his toon..

but we really would like a satalite or something outside the base to honor him
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
11-18-2012, 02:53 PM
We're so sorry to hear about your loss and our thoughts go out to you and the fleet. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'd be happy to pass it along -- if not a satellite, maybe some other way to commemorate fallen fleetmates. I'm not sure if you've set a name for your starbase, but maybe that could also be something to commemorate his life.

RIP Seltek.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 5
11-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Thank you brandon,

we have changed our starbase name to R.I.P Seltek 1983 - 2012
Captain
# 6
11-18-2012, 03:10 PM
What a sad thing to hear.

As phantomeight said, it'd be nice if they implemented the customization that had been the center of every fleet member's mind until S6 finally released and disappointed them. Me included.

Edit: Hey, it just struck me - why not let people make a sort of MIA/KIA list in their fleets or somewhere, listing people who passed away (preferably peacefully), taking their characters with them permanently?

Or something. Just an idea.

Re-edit: Of course, the abovementioned list would display the character names - it'd be stupid if the list said, for example (if you don't mind, Brandon):

Quote:
Brandon Felczer, KIA
when he had in fact died of old age. Or cancer. Or a heart attack. Or whatever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.

Last edited by dalolorn; 11-18-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We're so sorry to hear about your loss and our thoughts go out to you and the fleet. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'd be happy to pass it along -- if not a satellite, maybe some other way to commemorate fallen fleetmates. I'm not sure if you've set a name for your starbase, but maybe that could also be something to commemorate his life.

RIP Seltek.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Hmm, maybe a "Fleet Museum" of sorts. Have the last ship they Captained floating in a certain area outside of the base with an interaction icon, within 3km or so, that brings up their Bio, IRL and in game if they had one.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
4 Year Veteran, Beta Tester 
NO TO ARC!!!
Ensign
# 8
11-18-2012, 03:40 PM
one of our guys was going to make a map after him, like a burial ground or something..

also we talked about renaming our ships, to "U.S.S. RIP Seltek" for awhile.
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmooquack View Post
I have a question/request to ask of the game DEV, My husband who is also our Fleets leader passed away and the fleet would like to get some kind of satalite outside our star base with his toon name on it to honor him.

i know this is a unusual request but it would be greately appricaited
Honestly ... Not sure they have the tech. Would suggest you consider naming your embassy on New Romulus after him.

And ... Sorry for your loss. It's never fun to loose someone.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
11-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.I think this a first I've seen on this forum, and I'm a a year younger than Seltek. All the best to you and your fleet. Take care.