Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
The Fed need better fighters not anymore carriers.The KDF has some of the better fighters.

It is either that or the Perigine needs a buff.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Commander
# 2
11-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Peregrines just need BoP AI so they perform strafing runs. Swooping past and circling around for another run in formation rather then swarming like beam pets.
Captain
# 3
11-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Peregrines just need BoP AI so they perform strafing runs. Swooping past and circling around for another run in formation rather then swarming like beam pets.
Except the BoP AI doesn't work right yet... they spend half their time flying in big circles around the targets plinking them with their turrets.

The Feds also get the ADR, which is a killer hangar pet thanks to their ability to cycle Tractor Beams on the target to hold them still for incoming pain.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
11-27-2012, 05:49 PM
feds shouldnt have a carrier in the first place only reason why feds have a carrier is cyptic doesnt care they want your money.

screw cannon $$$$
Commander
# 5
11-27-2012, 06:01 PM
1. I found that BoPs work a little better with a bit of micro-management, such as ordering a recall after their attack run so they'll cloak and when they return you can order another attack run.

2. FFS is every thread that has anything to do with Fed Carriers going to have someone come in and boohoo over it? Just drop it. It inot going to change anything. Spend your time and energy attempting to improve and balance the games various facets rather then QQing of things that have already transpired a while ago.
Career Officer
# 6
11-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
feds shouldnt have a carrier in the first place only reason why feds have a carrier is cyptic doesnt care they want your money.

screw cannon $$$$
By all means please post all of the cannon Klingon carriers.

Or science vessels.

Or non-Klingons living in Qo'nos and being able to captain vessels.

Survivor of Romulus
# 7
11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
1. I found that BoPs work a little better with a bit of micro-management, such as ordering a recall after their attack run so they'll cloak and when they return you can order another attack run.

2. FFS is every thread that has anything to do with Fed Carriers going to have someone come in and boohoo over it? Just drop it. It inot going to change anything. Spend your time and energy attempting to improve and balance the games various facets rather then QQing of things that have already transpired a while ago.
have to agree here on bullet point number two... the cats outta the bag now so get over it... and this is coming from someone who has spoken against the feds having a carrier from the beginning... but they have the Atrox and Armatage now, and the vesta which as a carrier is horribly inadiquite
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Republic Veteran
# 8
11-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Granted yes, the shuttles aren't as powerful as frigates, but the danubes are very powerful. Both in PVE and PVP...hanger pets on the fed side might not be as powerful but well you got more powerful carriers.

KDF has no carriers that compare to the power of the Armitage or Vesta. Karfi is nice but it still turns pretty slow and it has no fleet version as of yet...so its down one console compared to those two.
Captain
# 9
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
The Peregrine is the highest DPS pet the Federation has. The standard Peregrine. Advanced grines loose DPS because of their quantum tubes. Flyers have an incredibly weak tachyon beam that they might fully use once per wing launched, and Runabouts have the tractor beams which drive PVPers nuts but aren't that great for PVE at all. And both of them only come in wings of 2, so right off the bat you're starting with a massive penalty to DPS compared to Peregrines.

Some new pets would definitely be welcome for the heavy carriers. Birds of Prey and the Kar'fi are so far ahead that it's just sad.
Captain
# 10
11-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Would be nice. Got a Fed carrier (Armitage) over the weekend and after reading all the fury about Danubes I was looking forward to pinning AI targets in place with the vaunted 'tractor spam' and squishing at my leisure, giggling in amusement. Instead they almost never seem to use the silly things, and half the time when they do they tractor mines and similar junk anyways. Kind of a letdown compared to Karfi Frigates or an alt's BoP-laden Voquv.

Doubt it'll ever happen, but something where you can go 'thats just cool!' would be nice.