Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Armitage Costume Bug
11-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Trying to customize my armitage, and guess what I get? I prompt to buy the costume kit for the ship I'm customizing. Oh don't worry it says FREE... but it won't let me do anything past this.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
11-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by issueman1 View Post
Trying to customize my armitage, and guess what I get? I prompt to buy the costume kit for the ship I'm customizing. Oh don't worry it says FREE... but it won't let me do anything past this.
It was mentioned in a patch a few months back that this is remedied by reclaiming the ship We made a fix to this issue, but you'd have to have the reclaimed (newer) version.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
So in order for me to use a feature of the game I have to strip the ship, dismiss it with your horrible dismissal thing, reclaim the ship, 100% reset up the ship, and re do my costume... and this is acceptable to you and your team?
Captain
# 4
11-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Horrible dismissal thing? Click the discharge button and type the name of the ship for confirmation? What's so bad about that. And if taking off your equipment and putting it back on is that big a deal for you, you can always stick with how it currently looks.

As for redoing your costume, you could always just save the current costume in the editor and reload it after.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Republic Veteran
# 5
11-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by issueman1 View Post
So in order for me to use a feature of the game I have to strip the ship, dismiss it with your horrible dismissal thing, reclaim the ship, 100% reset up the ship, and re do my costume... and this is acceptable to you and your team?
If a few minutes of effort isn't worth it to you to get access to the parts then don't do it.
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-30-2012, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Horrible dismissal thing? Click the discharge button and type the name of the ship for confirmation? What's so bad about that. And if taking off your equipment and putting it back on is that big a deal for you, you can always stick with how it currently looks.

As for redoing your costume, you could always just save the current costume in the editor and reload it after.
As he said there also setting the power setting. Bridger officers, power bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
If a few minutes of effort isn't worth it to you to get access to the parts then don't do it.
Maybe you enjoy doing work in video game. Personal I enjoy playing.

And for information this is paid ship that cryptic relase buggy. Not that surprising. It been pretty clear that Cryptic do not believe in Quality control.

Oh course I should not be supirse it was the same with CoH when they ran it. I had hope it get better with PWE ownership but seems they also do not believe in Quality control and bug testing.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-30-2012, 08:04 AM
I had to do this to mine. Including resetting the power tray, it took less than twenty minutes. Problem solved; and I only did it so I could get type 3 windows on it.

I'm sure it was far more practical to fix the ship that is granted by the box so that it does not have the customization issue than the far less trivial solution of having to do a database search for every single Armitage out there, and fix each one.

They found the bug, and came up with a solution. Cut them a tiny bit of slack, please?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightionny View Post
I had to do this to mine. Including resetting the power tray, it took less than twenty minutes. Problem solved; and I only did it so I could get type 3 windows on it.

I'm sure it was far more practical to fix the ship that is granted by the box so that it does not have the customization issue than the far less trivial solution of having to do a database search for every single Armitage out there, and fix each one.

They found the bug, and came up with a solution. Cut them a tiny bit of slack, please?
You might have 20 minutes of free time, but with kids about, college, work, and having a life outside the interwebs... I don't.