Lieutenant
Annoying, irritating, frustrating and making it less fun to play STO, I think that's the today's thoughts you notice game wide.

- Making a few transactions with a dumb cargo ship in deep space... How difficult would that be? Well, it warps out in the middle of a transaction *sigh*;
- While making a transaction with a cargo ship, now you can FINALLY type your desired input, but wait! Only maximal 100? C'mon, what's wrong to add one more little digit into the input field with a higher cap, so one can type i.e. 7500?
- Buying doff's on your starbase to contribute those on projects is fine, but WHY do one always keep useless doffs as a left over? Now we're are getting punished, too, if one try to reassign those useless doff's to make 'm acceptable by paying 500 dilithium per reassign. Is it so hard to buy doff's on the SB and they ALL ACCEPTED by the fricking system?

STO's new motto seems to be: let the players be more annoyed every week. I'm sure there are many more complaints. "Cryptic has and always will take player feedback into consideration..." Dstahl wrote nov. 14th. Really? I question if the dev's play the game by them self, to see how frustrating it is to buy simply 7500 Shield Generators for a stupid starbase project, buying tactical doff's on the starbase, fill up "Operational Assets" and find out you keep about 60% ~ 70% useless doffs in your doff roster. Etcetera, etcetera...

Don't lemme start about the lack of PvP possibilities in STO

Have a nice game!
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I have to agree, but not for all of the same reasons. In general, the grind of S7 is just too much. Ultra expensive SB projects, the rep system crying for resources, an even sadder loot system, endless dilithium sinks and a 8000 cap governing the HELL out of everything. Who at Cryptic could come close to imagining that all of this would be fun and make me WANT to login?

TBH, I didn't think it was possible to make this many game-killing decisions at one time.
Survivor of Remus
# 3
11-23-2012, 01:03 AM
I'll make a paranoid and off the wall reply and say:

It is a prototype testing ground to study how large groups of people react to such diminishing return changes that get worse over time and across the board for everyone!

A prototype test of how the real world is doing the same thing every so slowly as well.

Both in game and RL seem to be reflecting each other.
Lieutenant
# 4
11-23-2012, 04:25 AM
I don't think your paranoid.

In fact you could well have hit the nail on the head so to speak.

When PWE brought Cryptic the lauded them as their new research and development branch or some quote of that nature.

PWE have then gaming/paying habits of their Asian market pretty much mapped out but western markets
are more of a grey area for them.

So what better test bed for seeing just how much players will put up with than STO.

Fellow paranoid android signing off.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-23-2012, 06:02 AM
Reading this post and a few others, its almost like players think that these starbase projects and reputation system should be finished instantly, Go to the exchange or cargo ship, spend some EC, and finsih all the projects)

have you not considered that the requirements are high so these projects take time to finish ?

I love how the SB and Reputation system takes a long time to finish, this is an MMO and if these things were super easy to finish, and didnt take any time at all....

then wahts left?

Oh yay i spent 3 days on the starbase projects and the reputation system, now im done...now what ?

I like how theres somethign to work towards for long periods.

Just my personal thoguht tho
Captain
# 6
11-23-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud197 View Post
Reading this post and a few others, its almost like players think that these starbase projects and reputation system should be finished instantly, Go to the exchange or cargo ship, spend some EC, and finsih all the projects)
No, it's not about instant gratification no matter how much you and others put forth that straw man.

A starbase is pretty much a group housing/vanity project. So there isn't much value or function in a starbase, but the requirements to make one far exceed any value or function it provides. One could even argue that the rep projects are similar, that the time and effort invested does not give adequate ROI to the player and is thus not perceived as worthwhile.
Ensign
# 7
11-23-2012, 08:59 AM
It not hate its most company`s love for mammon

Nothing wrong with adding content and asking us "dili=time=$" for it but S7 feels more like they made a wall (the rep system) and hid all the stuff behind it where we had access too before S7.

if they only made some new gear/items instead of recycling we had before.

The new dailys feel boring and you need to do way to many space missions, missions that feel like someone with the foundry editor made in 20min as it only consists of kill missions with no story.

I always hope that game makers wanna make a game first and then look how they can make money of it, sadly the reality is quite different S7 is very clear on that.
Lieutenant
# 8
11-23-2012, 09:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with the in-game timers (I guess), but to fulfill simple targets, PWE/Cryptic must see us as little tards. Running from A to B, back to A in ground missions, etc, the annoying details I wrote in topic #1...

I'm not a die hard Trekkie, I admit, but tbh I will never become a Trekkie with the frustration I've met so far within this game.
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!
Rihannsu
# 9
11-23-2012, 09:16 AM
the only problem with their "research" is , that only a fraction of us would STILL be here if the "Star Trek" bumper would not be present.

if they would try these tactics in ANY other MMO, they would just go dry

but in fact, i do not think the changes are AS bad you as you are trying to picture them

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Rihannsu
# 10
11-23-2012, 09:17 AM
One thing MMO players REALLY need to remember.... The companies that run them aren't charities... they have to get money from their players somehow.... And "Pay to Win" works for that.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.