Captain
Like many others - I accidentally selected the Hanger - Scorpion Fighters. As it was effectively blocking further development, I proceeded to begin it's development. It was expensive - hugely expensive, but I thought to myself - I can buy these once they have been developed. Moreover I can resell them at some future date in an attempt to recover the costs.

This isn't a Pet. The title should read: 1x Scorpion Hanger, Bound.

The cost is:
  • 10 Romulan Marks
  • 10,000 dilithium
  • 30 Engineering or Operations Officers
  • 10,000 Expertise
  • 1 Peregrine Fighter Hanger
  • 5 Warp Coils
What do you get? 1 Bound to Character Hanger. You don't get to resell them, or learn to build another.

My beef's:
  1. Clear Labeling: Bound item, Item Unlock, Consulable Item
  2. High Dilithium
  3. Ridiculous DOFF requirements. Apparantly slavery is acceptable in the Federation.
I would not be whining as much, but 30 doff's and 10,000 dilithium for something I can't even sell sucks immensely. I'll still play..... but I'll cut back my Zen purchases as I look for another game to become addicted to.

Admiral Thrax
Captain
# 2
11-20-2012, 06:59 PM
I have to admit when i saw the requirements when i first unlocked RT1 was the Scorp fighters cost. No way in a thousand orbits will i be getting those. Be very very careful about what you select once selected it cant be undone even if the project hasnt started up yet.

Same with comsumable Rommy officers. Noooo. No no.

Lord knows the cost of Scorpies when you get to T5! Need to rob the central bank of Ferenginar to get one!
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...

Last edited by rustiswordz; 11-20-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Lieutenant
# 3
11-20-2012, 08:04 PM
i think cryptic can stick it where the sun dont shine as far as this new system of reputation. i mean honestly there was nothing wrong with the way it was before. i cant tell you how many uncompleted sets i had before. now it will be months before i will be even able to aquire 1 set for one of my ships, and there are people with full setups ready to kick my butt in karat. how is that fair? the only good thing about the ground weapon projects is that you can buy them in your rep store when you finally get them, like you would want them. i sell more lvl 11 ground weps that are better than those to my own replicator. the fact that the set items dont go to the store is repulsive to me. i have to say ive also noticed that fewer people are playing now since the latest episode. congradulations cryptic. you solved the lag problem.
Commander
# 4
11-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post
Like many others - I accidentally selected the Hanger - Scorpion Fighters. As it was effectively blocking further development, I proceeded to begin it's development. It was expensive - hugely expensive, but I thought to myself - I can buy these once they have been developed. Moreover I can resell them at some future date in an attempt to recover the costs.

The cost is:
  • 10 Romulan Marks
  • 10,000 dilithium
  • 10,000 Expertise
  • 5 Warp Coils
What do you get? 1 Bound to Character Hanger. You don't get to resell them, or learn to build another.

My beef's:
  2. High Dilithium
  3. Ridiculous DOFF requirements. Apparantly slavery is acceptable in the Federation.
I would not be whining as much, but 30 doff's and 10,000 dilithium for something I can't even sell sucks immensely. I'll still play..... but I'll cut back my Zen purchases as I look for another game to become addicted to.

Admiral Thrax
While I don't disagree the cost is a little silly, before you even select the project if you mouse over the reward it clearly says Bind to Character on Pickup
Rihannsu
# 5
11-20-2012, 10:19 PM
consumable?

lol, this is bad.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Commander
# 6
11-21-2012, 06:37 AM
fighters should not be consumeable, untill you get the chance to recall them to your hanger bay if they are still allive.
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Commander
# 7
11-21-2012, 06:53 AM
So, this is not a hanger pet, but rather a consumable device, like the ones from the Vault?
Career Officer
# 8
11-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post

The cost is:
  • 10 Romulan Marks
  • 10,000 dilithium
  • 10,000 Expertise
  • 5 Warp Coils

My beef's:
  2. High Dilithium

Admiral Thrax
Yep, I selected it by mistake also. I'd like to add there should be a way to recall queued projects. Not the already started projects, just queued "next" projects.

I too agree the costs are wildly prohibitive.
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *
Republic Veteran
# 9
11-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
So, this is not a hanger pet, but rather a consumable device, like the ones from the Vault?
Not a consumable, it is indeed a hanger pet.
Lieutenant
# 10
11-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
its is NOT consumable. its is a hanger fighter, goes into your hanger slot just like any other hanger fighter. the use of the name "pet" is misleading.

and btw....it rocks the pants off the stock fighters but not as good as the purple dilith ones. (those do cost 30K dilith each, so the cost for these rommy fighters isn't right)